DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 1 disconnected during flight / Lost

PalmPilot

Reactions
Flying along steadily along the shoreline and suddenly disconnected message appeared. Contact DJI but they state MM1 is not covered under flyaway :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-050759.jpg
    Screenshot_20210827-050759.jpg
    715.5 KB · Views: 23
Sorry to read about your loss. :confused:

Follow the instructions from this site and copy / paste the link for your flight log back to here if you wish.

There are some members here that can breakdown the information to see what went wrong and perhaps help locate it with the information.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: PalmPilot
When it lost signal it should have gone into Return-to-Home mode. It would climb to your configured RTH height, then (unless the headwind was too strong) fly a straight line back to your recorded Home Position, and descend to land.

What was your RTH height set to? Was it high enough to clear the buildings along this red arrow path?

Image2.jpg

It looks like you probably flew the Mini around behind this building, which is why the signal was lost.

If the RTH height was insufficient to clear the buildings, the Mini is likely sitting on a balcony somewhere enroute.

Image1.jpg

Thanks you for the analysis, you're probably correct.. the RTH was set to 105Feet. I just did find my drone again and it's showing the battery as depleted which mems it didn't end up in the ocean. Probably on a balcony.. Due to covid, a lot of the hotels have limited occupancy and who knows how long before someone finds it. That particular hotel in the image has its waterfront beach almost completely eroded. I did walk over there and ask the few folks if they noticed a drone,they had, but when they pointed it out to me I could see it was a mavic pro and the guy flying it was on the jetty.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210828-132214_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210828-132214_Gallery.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb