DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 2 due November with ocusync

Craig Notts

Reactions
Just put my Mavic mini up for sale so I can get the new Mavic mini 2 when it arrives. I also have a Mavic Air 2 with ocusync and the difference in signal strength between the two is huge with no break up at all on the air 2. Getting ocusync on the new mini will make this little drone just about the perfect package. Can't wait. It does make me wonder just how many mini 2s will be lost on the wind though due to their soon to be massive gains in range.

Where are you getting your information about a November release of a Mini 2?
I'd also like to know what he's basing his decision on other than leaks and rumors that haven't been substantiated yet and could have 50% or less odds of being true rather than baseless and unfounded, especially concerning ocusync, For me ,getting rid of a already great drone for a new model without knowing the specs of a mm2 isn't role ofthe dice i'll take especially since tens of thousands of the Mm Fly more combo were just bought during Amazon Prime days Tuesday and Wed, for $400 for most buyers and for some folks, even $300 . Can't imagine resale of a NIB MM could be offered equal to or less than $300 with no extra goodies to entice buyers to want it and likely less for a lightly used MM, so good luck fellow but i'm not that much of a gambler to take those odds.

Last edited:
..... leaks and rumors.... baseless and unfounded, especially concerning ocusync.....

I would say it's more a highly educated guess. The undeniable facts are :

1) DJI has submitted the report of a new drone to FCC on 6th of this month.
2) The sketch of the rear end of the new drone looks almost exactly like that of the Mini with the exception of the USB port
3) In the report, the stated bandwidth combination is the same as that of the Air 2
4) The new drone is dual-band like the Air 2. The FCC model of Mini runs on 5.8 GHz only
5) The Air 2 and Mini were released about one month after the submission of reports to FCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Craig Notts
Where are you getting your OCCUSYNC info?

I saw a YouTuber claim that it will have it, but never sited his source. He just said “someone told him.”

Really all we know for now is 4k.

I would say it's more a highly educated guess. The undeniable facts are :

1) DJI has submitted the report of a new drone to FCC on 6th of this month.
2) The sketch of the rear end of the new drone looks almost exactly like that of the Mini with the exception of the USB port
3) In the report, the stated bandwidth combination is the same as that of the Air 2
4) The new drone is dual-band like the Air 2. The FCC model of Mini runs on 5.8 GHz only
5) The Air 2 and Mini were released about one month after the submission of their reports to FCC.
True, but stiil some educated guesses don't become reality at the moment even experts hope they will, Not every reponds logically or come to fruition how even experts think and expect them to. Nothing in life is guaranteed or a "done deal" until it's reality. But I hope for you and like minded droneists that your prediction doesn't fall short of the reality you are most hopeful for!

Where are you getting your OCCUSYNC info?

Facts from reports submitted to FCC :

Mini : single band, channel bandwidth 5, 20, 40 MHz , use WiFi

Air2 : dual band, channel bandwidth 1.4, 3, 10, 20 MHz , use OcuSync

New drone : dual band, channel bandwidth 1.4, 3, 10, 20 MHz , use what ? you guess.

This Mini2 upgrade has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I love my Mini and have desired the MA2 (but wanted more flight time with a more basic drone) but having a direct upgrade come out not even 3 months after I got mine kinda sucks. I’ve heard the likely rumors of a camera upgrade which doesn’t sway me too much, but Occusync would be a big upgrade that I definitely want.

Sell my current Mini1 Fly More now and get top dollar for it? Upgrade to a new Mini2 when it comes out? Wait to sell my Mini1 if the 2 is indeed that good? Say **** it and sell the Mini1 for a MA2? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

This Mini2 upgrade has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I love my Mini and have desired the MA2 (but wanted more flight time with a more basic drone) but having a direct upgrade come out not even 3 months after I got mine kinda sucks. I’ve heard the likely rumors of a camera upgrade which doesn’t sway me too much, but Occusync would be a big upgrade that I definitely want.

Sell my current Mini1 Fly More now and get top dollar for it? Upgrade to a new Mini2 when it comes out? Wait to sell my Mini1 if the 2 is indeed that good? Say **** it and sell the Mini1 for a MA2? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.
Trouble is if you wait too long after the new one comes out it will decrease in value . That is the risk

I'd also like to know what he's basing his decision on other than leaks and rumors that haven't been substantiated yet and could have 50% or less odds of being true rather than baseless and unfounded, especially concerning ocusync, For me ,getting rid of a already great drone for a new model without knowing the specs of a mm2 isn't role ofthe dice i'll take especially since tens of thousands of the Mm Fly more combo were just bought during Amazon Prime days Tuesday and Wed, for $400 for most buyers and for some folks, even $300 . Can't imagine resale of a NIB MM could be offered equal to or less than $300 with no extra goodies to entice buyers to want it and likely less for a lightly used MM, so good luck fellow but i'm not that much of a gambler to take those odds.
Tech drone media on yt. Roll them there dice

Just put my Mavic mini up for sale so I can get the new Mavic mini 2 when it arrives. I also have a Mavic Air 2 with ocusync and the difference in signal strength between the two is huge with no break up at all on the air 2. Getting ocusync on the new mini will make this little drone just about the perfect package. Can't wait. It does make me wonder just how many mini 2s will be lost on the wind though due to their soon to be massive gains in range.
I would think that with all the known issues about wind that DJ I would have addressed that with the new mini they would have to be stupid to not address it but who knows we’ll have to see

Reactions: Craig Notts
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov