DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 not connecting to tablet

Nifty

Reactions
Morning,
My MM2 connects to the tablet with the OEM flat ribbon cable and everything works OK. But when I use a longer cable - 2 lengths- I get the message "RC Not connected to mobile device".
Have I been sold cheap Chinese junk that is supposed to be two way data? What do users recommend? There are a lot of people using tablets with their MM2 so can someone help me.
Thanks
Neville
Australia

I think it would help getting your answer quicker if you post it in the right section.

Plus we would need to know which tablet.

If possible use the extended cable to connect the tablet to a computer, if you can physically make that connection does the computer see the tablet? If you can't fit the extended cable to your computer can you check the individual cables individually? If you can make the physical connection but the computer does not see the tablet then one of your cables may be a charge only cable.

Reactions: dozzn
Afternoon,
The tablet is a Teclast T30 with a USB C Connection. It works perfectly with the DJI 4in (100mm) original cable supplied with the MM2 but when I try longer USB MicroMini to USB C cables I get the error message "RC Not connected to mobile device". What I am looking for is a Brand name or suggestions for a cable that is longer than 100mm so I can use my tablet with the remote control. My feeling is that the el-cheapo Chinese junk cables from EBay are only one way not data even though they are advertised as such.

BTW for "eaglesufing" I thought I was posting to the Mavic Mini Discussion Group 'cause I was talking about my Mavic Mini2 not connecting to the tablet.
Neville
Queensland
Australia

Afternoon,
The tablet is a Teclast T30 with a USB C Connection. It works perfectly with the DJI 4in (100mm) original cable supplied with the MM2 but when I try longer USB MicroMini to USB C cables I get the error message "RC Not connected to mobile device". What I am looking for is a Brand name or suggestions for a cable that is longer than 100mm so I can use my tablet with the remote control. My feeling is that the el-cheapo Chinese junk cables from EBay are only one way not data even though they are advertised as such.

BTW for "eaglesufing" I thought I was posting to the Mavic Mini Discussion Group 'cause I was talking about my Mavic Mini2 not connecting to the tablet.
Neville
Queensland
Australia
G'day Nev,

Wrap yer laughing gear around one of these mate - Cygnett 1m Armoured 2.0 USB-C to USB-C Cable 5Amp/100W Black

I use this one and it works bonza. Also the Comsol brand goes good too. Dunno if you have an Officeworks down there in T'ba but if not, JB also has them. Good luck with it fella, but you'll be right as rain once you hook the ol' girl up to one of these!

I think you got a bad cable. I have used a longer cable and worked as it was supposed to. The cable you posted looks like it would work but I would return it for a different one.

Good morning,
The Mavic Mini 2 delivered here to Australia has a MicroUSB port on the remote controller and my Tablet has a USB C port. As I mentioned it connects perfectly with the Mavic Mini2 cable supplied but I need a longer cable to connect my tablet. One that really works 2 ways........ Using a third cable the Litchi app it shows no up or down signal. DJI Fly says "RC Not connected". I am still looking for a reccommendation for the right USB C to Micro USB cable
Thanks
Neville in Rural Queensland
Australia

I think you got a bad cable. I have used a longer cable and worked as it was supposed to. The cable you posted looks like it would work but I would return it for a different one.
Morning
Can you tell me the details of the longer cable and where you bought it?
Thanks
Neville
In Regional Queensland
Australia

Morning
Can you tell me the details of the longer cable and where you bought it?
Thanks
Neville
In Regional Queensland
Australia
Neville, I think it sounds like you have a DJI Mavic Mini which has microUSB and works with Litchi app. The DJI Mini 2 has USB-C and does not currently work with Litchi.

Two different drones which I think is causing some possible confusion, worth double checking at your end just to make sure.

Neville, I think it sounds like you have a DJI Mavic Mini which has microUSB and works with Litchi app. The DJI Mini 2 has USB-C and does not currently work with Litchi.

Two different drones which I think is causing some possible confusion, worth double checking at your end just to make sure.
Good morning everyone,
!@#$%^&*() Buyer beware especially when dealing with the Chinese. DJI had a sale before Christmas and I got sucked in and didn't really read the ad. Yes, mine is a Mavic Mini - as per receipts and what is on the box. At that stage I didn't know any better. Now I see the MM2 on sale here in Australia for less than what I paid DJI for the MM. I'm sort of pissed off at the moment. That is why the confusion over MicroUSB v USB C.

But can someone confirm that QGroundControl will work with the Mavic Mini and be able to fly waypoints.

Sorry for the confusion.
Neville
In Regional Queensland
Australia

Morning,
My MM2 connects to the tablet with the OEM flat ribbon cable and everything works OK. But when I use a longer cable - 2 lengths- I get the message "RC Not connected to mobile device".
Have I been sold cheap Chinese junk that is supposed to be two way data? What do users recommend? There are a lot of people using tablets with their MM2 so can someone help me.
Thanks
Neville
Australia
unlike ME…….. be sure you put it in the correct hole on the Remote

As a matter of interest, I got a short 10cm Cygnett usb-c to usb-c to connect my MM2 controller to my Pixel 5 (the right-angle connectors on the C-C cable that came with the MM2 wouldn't connect because the phone is in 'armour') and it just won't work. Cable appears OK otherwise because it works on other things to connect the phone, just not the MM2 controller. Not all cables are equal, it seems.

As a matter of interest, I got a short 10cm Cygnett usb-c to usb-c to connect my MM2 controller to my Pixel 5 (the right-angle connectors on the C-C cable that came with the MM2 wouldn't connect because the phone is in 'armour') and it just won't work. Cable appears OK otherwise because it works on other things to connect the phone, just not the MM2 controller. Not all cables are equal, it seems.
I see that the failed cable is rated at USB 2.0 and have seen suggestions that it really needs to be 3.1 or 3.2 to work with MM2. Sigh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo