DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 (UK) Weight With Operator ID Label > 250g

omega7457

Reactions
Hello,

I didn’t find an answer to my question anywhere so thought will just post it here.

With the new UK regulations Mavic Mini myst now be registered and Operator’s ID needs to be labeled on your drone in line with the Drone Code Guidelines. If the drone’s weight is 249g out of box and you will stick a label on it this will make it 250g. Once it gets 250g I can’t legally fly it in parks, beaches, any places of interest, etc. So is my understanding correct that after the Dron Code got updated Mavic Mini 2 in UK are now completely useless, or is there a way around this?

My Mini 2 comes in at 239gms. I have gear extenders and a partial wrap kit on mine and it is still has several gms to get to 250. It is not likely a sticker or label would push it over.

just use microsoft word to print your Number at font size 8 that equals 3mm hight , the legal mimimum, use a small bit of sellotape and stick it inside the battery cover

Thank you everyone for your answers. Much appreciated ?
It sounds like you’re assuming the Mini 2 “weighs 249g out of the box” which it probably doesn’t. Your drone should weight in at 237-239g. The gimbal guard will add another 6g - don’t forget to remove that when you weigh it.

Just put mine on scales weight with battery and op number is 239g perfect thanks rigsby.

Hello,

I didn’t find an answer to my question anywhere so thought will just post it here.

With the new UK regulations Mavic Mini myst now be registered and Operator’s ID needs to be labeled on your drone in line with the Drone Code Guidelines. If the drone’s weight is 249g out of box and you will stick a label on it this will make it 250g. Once it gets 250g I can’t legally fly it in parks, beaches, any places of interest, etc. So is my understanding correct that after the Dron Code got updated Mavic Mini 2 in UK are now completely useless, or is there a way around this?
Regardless of its weight you may or may not fly in the areas you have mentioned. I got my drone pilot certificate and registration for $15CND... fairly cheap.

In the UK you can fly in the areas suggested as long as the drone is <250g.

Last edited:
Can't see drone police carrying scales to check weight? rules are 250g and under?
If you state mavic mini 2 and it clearly states weight of drone on the leg then
you should be fine! Unless you're carrying stuff with it :)
You can write it on with a permanent pen?
Fly safe and away from peeps and all should be fine.

Can't see drone police carrying scales to check weight? rules are 250g and under?
If you state mavic mini 2 and it clearly states weight of drone on the leg then
you should be fine! Unless you're carrying stuff with it :)
You can write it on with a permanent pen?
Fly safe and away from peeps and all should be fine.
I guess if the drone has a fly-away or crashes and someone else picks it up and hands it in to the police (e.g. in the unlikely event it damaged property, etc) then that would be the time it might get weighed. I don't expect a copper to rock up with a set of scales and ask you to land your drone so they can weight it :D

That’s one heavy label you’re using ?

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
I don't expect a copper to rock up with a set of scales and ask you to land your drone so they can weight it :D
You never know. It's a lot easier than catching criminals.?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+