DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini above the fog.

Matt__cave

Reactions
Hi all,

New to the site and drones.
I treated my self to the mini just before Christmas. I’ve only had a few flights and today the fog was thick all day. So I thought I’d risk it and take it out and see if I could get up above the fog at sunset.

It’s not the worlds best footage which will be me and not the drone. The video is straight out of the drone with no editing just to show others what I think is an incredible drone for the price. I look forward to using this more in the coming months.

Let me know what you think.

just be careful that the fog doesn't confuse the downwards sensors ,it could stop it from descending,or cause it to rise up as it thinks it close to the ground

Though it is nice footage, I must say, there are two problems.
The first is entire yours: Fog might influence the funtion of the detectors. This might lead to the drone crashing, since the censors might indicate "down to the ground" while in truth your still up in the air.
The second is one that does not seem to be a problem, but might cause strickter regulations - you are simply flying without being able to see the drone, as requiered by law. If something happens, your insurance might not cover (more then simple being negligent from your side).
The question to ask yourself is: Is it worth taken these risks for some videofootage?

Reactions: old man mavic
Third, fog is basically wet, doing so once you might be ok, regularly and it might affect your electronics mid to long term.
Nice footage though.
Change the music to something calming and lengthen a little with some other shots and you have a great first flight clip.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Matt__cave
Third, fog is basically wet, doing so once you might be ok, regularly and it might affect your electronics mid to long term.
Nice footage though.
Change the music to something calming and lengthen a little with some other shots and you have a great first flight clip.
Welcome to the forum.

Video editing etc is a new thing for me. It was just something I quickly did. Royalty free music and just trimmed this out of a 5 min clip. I didn’t fly around just straight up and down as still new to this. Didn’t want to run before I can walk. Thanks for the welcome.

Great footage, if you cover the sensors you will never have issues going down, Just make sure your GPS signal is stong.

Reactions: Matt__cave
I covered them with electrical tape to avoid any issues with the clouds. Worked well and was still very stable.

I noticed you need to start and go up quickly, but landing is so much easier with sensors covered, I have left my sensors permanently taped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27