Join Us Now

Mavic Mini and DroneViewer

wanderer

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mydroneviewer.com
Does anyone know if the Mini video files also include companion SRT files? On the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2, the drone can produce an SRT file for each video file. The SRT file contains the GPS data, which can be loaded and played with the video in DroneViewer.

On the MP and MP2 this feature is activated in the app under the "Enable Video Caption" option. Does the Mini have this option? Even if it doesn't, perhaps still produce SRT files (fingers crossed)?

Does anyone know if the Mini video files also include companion SRT files? On the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro 2, the drone can produce an SRT file for each video file. The SRT file contains the GPS data, which can be loaded and played with the video in DroneViewer.

On the MP and MP2 this feature is activated in the app under the "Enable Video Caption" option. Does the Mini have this option? Even if it doesn't, perhaps still produce SRT files (fingers crossed)?
Mini has completely new DJI FLY app missing most of settings and functions of DJI GO4 app so I wouldn't count on that. It can't even control any settings for video recording besides resolution.

I'm hoping the final release version of DJI FLY app has the Video Caption feature either as an option or always on by default. Fingers crossed!

I've heard Mavic Mini adds a metadata track to the video. If anybody has a sample of raw video straight off the drone they can share, just a couple seconds, I'd love to pull apart the metadata

So it's embedded rather than SRT file. No wonder I couldn't find the files, though caption option is set.

Reactions: steve495
With raw MM video files now appearing on the inter web, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that DJI has embedded the telemetry data into the video file. The format is similar to that of the Phantom 4. For example, here is one record from the video subtitle stream:

00:00:00,000 --> 00:00:01,000
F/2.8, SS 3635.97, ISO 100, EV -0.7, GPS (14.5103, 35.9024, 16), D 438.43m, H 42.90m, H.S n/a, V.S n/a

A couple of items:
  1. The lat/lon is only provided out to 4 decimal places which limits the position accuracy of the drone. 6 decimal places would be ideal. Cmon DJI, pls fix this!
  2. The horizontal speed is shown as "n/a" in all the records from the sample video file. I'm not sure if this is just a peculiarity of this video sample, or if this is endemic to all MM videos. The drone was clearly flying during the video sample.
Nice to see that member's data telemetry tools are now supporting the MM. I've made the necessary updates to Mac and Windows DroneViewer to support the Mavic Mini with synchronized video/map/data displays. Expect to see compatibility in the next release.

The NA is "normal" right now.

Anyone know what the third GPS number is? I would think it was GPS altitude but it hardly changes with change in altitude.
For M2, I found SRT altitude is MSL in meters.

Sweet. You can extract it with
Bash:
ffmpeg -i DJI_0001.MP4 DJI_0001.SRT

Bit disappointing it's only 1 second resolution on the Mini.. The Mavic 2 Pro and Inspire 2 X5S write to the SRT every 33ms. When I heard it was embedded, I was hoping they'd used GPMF (GoPro Metadata Format) oh well

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000