DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini and Ipad Mini?

MtnFlyer

Reactions
Anyone using an iPad mini with their Mavic Mini controller vs an iPhone (or android) ? If so, is the bigger screen easier to use/read? Does the additional size of the iPad make the controller to bulky to use comfortably?

Just curious.

Thanks!

I use an Ipad Mini 4 with my MM controller, it fits in the RC jaws like any phone would

Reactions: MA2 317
Anyone using an iPad mini with their Mavic Mini controller vs an iPhone (or android) ? If so, is the bigger screen easier to use/read? Does the additional size of the iPad make the controller to bulky to use comfortably?

Just curious.

Thanks!

I can't believe at 60 years of age you really need to ask that question. But here goes and this is me. I flew a mini 2 for 3 years (ish) that is a 7.9" screen. I know of no Phone that has that big of a screen...certainly not mine with a 4.5" one.

I now fly a iPad Pro with a 9.7" screen and while we are talking a bit under two inches difference...it actually is HUGE. Buttons are bigger..everything is BIGGER! As to bulk and balance I use a neck strap and attachment is at a neutral point, so that isn't a issue to me as I am only thumbs/fingers on controls and have no hand support on my remote side. IF you have never flown that way (I always have) give it a try with a homemade set up and see what a joy it is IMHO :)

You never have to worry about dropping your phone/tablet/remote. Your arms don't get fatigued halfway through a flight. ;) And I actually think you have a much more defined control of flight and systems operation. There are tons of options and mounts just google or search ebay, amazon...ect.

Reactions: MA2 317

Just curious.

Thanks!
About 3 months after purchasing my MM, I purchased an iPad Mini 4 just to have a larger screen. Also purchased a mount for it which slides in place where i phone would normally attach. This mount puts the iPad about 5 inches above the controller. Finally I attached 2 neck straps, which will give me a free hand when I hand launch or hand catch my MM. I have about 30 hours Total Time on my MM and this setup works good for me. I think with time and the “good stuff” we read in this Great Forum , we all migrate to our own comfort levels. Good luck.
Blue Skies and Happy Trails.

Just curious.

Thanks!
About 3 months after purchasing my MM, I purchased an iPad Mini 4 just to have a larger screen. Also purchased a mount for it which slides in place where i phone would normally attach. This mount puts the iPad about 5 inches above the controller. Finally I attached 2 neck straps, which will give me a free hand when I hand launch or hand catch my MM. I have about 30 hours Total Time on my MM and this setup works good for me. I think with time and the “good stuff” we read in this Great Forum , we all migrate to our own comfort levels. Good luck.

Reactions: gregwa57

Just curious.

Thanks!
I just got an iPad mini 5 and it fits the mini controller fine. Had to get a one foot cable though, from Amazon. Works great, and I love the larger picture.

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated!!!!

Reactions: ff22
You shouldn't need a mount with an iPad Mini 4. You'll need a custom cable though.

Just curious.

Thanks!
I'm using an iPad mini and I really appreciate the larger display. It fits very snugly into the RC and is comfortable to hold. You will need a longer lead for the controller to plug into the mini but they are available. The brightness of the screen is not quite as intense as on an iPhone 6s so I sometimes need to find some shade to see the screen fully. I would recommend it. Mike

Reactions: ff22 and MtnFlyer
After using an iPhone 6+ with my Mavic mini, I got a refurbished iPad mini 5 with WiFi so my old eyes could see the screen better. Works fine!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803