DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI: Anyone modified the shell / colour ?

roosta

Reactions
Hey guys,

Title says it all - wondering if anyone has had the guts to modify the shell - or even buy a new one and spray paint it...or something to that effect, different from using a boring sticker.

Keen to hear about and see some peoples mods!

RoOSTA

A lot of people put "skins" on them, special custom cut decals. Check out Decal Girl, they have a lot to choose from, great reviews, and good prices.

Reactions: Hodge
Hey guys,

Title says it all - wondering if anyone has had the guts to modify the shell - or even buy a new one and spray paint it...or something to that effect, different from using a boring sticker.

Keen to hear about and see some peoples mods!

RoOSTA

I agree with you on the issue of adhesives, I think about painting with nail polish (mainly from below, to make it more visible against the light of the sky), but I haven't done it yet.

A lot of people put "skins" on them, special custom cut decals. Check out Decal Girl, they have a lot to choose from, great reviews, and good prices.
Absolutely I really like the skin I got from Decal Girl and you are able to customize the skin if you choose to.
Done-002.jpg

Reactions: Advocate and roosta
I got a decal for my original P4 that I sold. Loved it...was hard putting it on with a heat gun to adhere it to weirdly shaped surfaces.

Decal girl has nice skins, but there's too many gaps where you can see the original shell. I want something that wraps around the lot!

Reactions: FireAnt
I got a decal for my original P4 that I sold. Loved it...was hard putting it on with a heat gun to adhere it to weirdly shaped surfaces.

Decal girl has nice skins, but there's too many gaps where you can see the original shell. I want something that wraps around the lot!
good point, but for me once it gets 15 20 feet away the gaps disappear. :)
but for the mini I would recommend a dark color skin or paint job particularly for the underside because once the grey body gets some attitude it tends to disappear in the sky.
And the dark color isn't a problem at night because you have the MM light, and your anti collision light add on to see it.

Looks good @Sparky Drone . I got my P4P spickers from istyles...at least, I'm pretty sure I did. Their website looks a lit different now.

Took a while to apply the full body decal with the heat gun

250 grand or more does not matter. The New rules in Europe will be about max rake of weight. MTOW. Not the advertsed 249 grams. And i dint care. I will answere those few theoretical questions for the future certificatie.

Have a look on Wrap Grade in Japan they have little to no gaps. I am leaning towards a mean green kawaski colored one so saw a Rad Bull (not red bull) design from a company in the UK which looks like the Red bull theme ;-)

Reactions: Hodge
Have a look on Wrap Grade in Japan they have little to no gaps. I am leaning towards a mean green kawaski colored one so saw a Rad Bull (not red bull) design from a company in the UK which looks like the Red bull theme ;-)

Wow those do look like amazing skins but I can't imagine trying to get them on, those small gaps gave me a little room to work in getting the decal on. But I did bookmark Wrap Grade for future reference.

I agree with you on the issue of adhesives, I think about painting with nail polish (mainly from below, to make it more visible against the light of the sky), but I haven't done it yet.
That sounds a reasonable idea. I was thinking of using a permanent market - dayglo colour. Has anyone tried markers?

The colour looks great; the grey gaps make it look horrendous. Maybe the old custom mixed paint or even nail polish is the way to go? I imagine the paint voids the warranty though..

I'd personally like to match the obsidian black that was released on Phantom 4 Pros.

The colour looks great; the grey gaps make it look horrendous. Maybe the old custom mixed paint or even nail polish is the way to go? I imagine the paint voids the warranty though..

I'd personally like to match the obsidian black that was released on Phantom 4 Pros.
I kinda like the gaps.....gives it a two tone effect......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent