DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Battery flight time (Not 30 Min)!

ngup

Reactions
I can't seem to get to the 30 minutes although, I have tried different scenarios, indoor or outdoor, hovering the Mini in place or not!
What is the maximum amount (in minutes) are you getting from your batteries for Mavic Mini?

@ngup I can't seem to get to the 30 minutes although, I have tried different scenarios, indoor or outdoor, hovering the Mini in place or not!
What is the maximum amount (in minutes) are you getting from your batteries for Mavic Mini?
the quoted time is in perfect conditions with no wind and the drone flying at a steady speed
real world times can vary for many many reasons , the weather ,what mode you are flying in ,whether you have any accessories attached to the drone ,etc and the result will be different every time , what the specs really mean, is you" could "achieve the stated time ,but dont expect it

I have try many times to hover the mini inside the house, same place and height. I think you will get what the battery let you get. 27 minutes max for 2 of the 3 batteries i have. The third one gives me 24 minutes.

In an open field, try to fly straight, with no wind and not at a very high attitude. In P mode i get less flying time vs Sport mode. Around 7000 meters back and forth with enough battery left (usually 20%). I still try to find a way to make the batteries working more stable in fly time.

I can't seem to get to the 30 minutes although, I have tried different scenarios, indoor or outdoor, hovering the Mini in place or not!
30 min is a theoretical figure. You’ll never achieve that in the real world.

Reactions: sikspy and Thomas B
I have try many times to hover the mini inside the house, same place and height. I think you will get what the battery let you get. 27 minutes max for 2 of the 3 batteries i have. The third one gives me 24 minutes.

In an open field, try to fly straight, with no wind and not at a very high attitude. In P mode i get less flying time vs Sport mode. Around 7000 meters back and forth with enough battery left (usually 20%). I still try to find a way to make the batteries working more stable in fly time.
Oo one of the batteries not doing well huh! I did know that. Thanks for elaborating!

Oo one of the batteries not doing well huh! I did know that. Thanks for elaborating!
I am uploading a video with hovering inside the house. Storm outside, no gps, at 02:00. Left the rc 3 meters away. Having some tsipouro (Greek), waiting to finish the battery. I think this was the battery i left on the fridge before the test.

I purchased a MM fly more from Amazon.
I hovered outside in front of a clock for each battery.
2 of the batteries yielded about 25 minutes and one under 17 minutes which I returned to a DJI repair centre for warranty replacement.

I so far have got around 21 to 22 minutes sometimes. But mostly I get 20 minutes on a good day

I get about 20 minutes, but I live at 6000' and fly at 9000' on occasion.

The started flight times are sort of like the stared mileages on your new car. Odds are you'l never get that.

Reactions: ngup
Here is the video from 1 of the batteries. I think if it can hover for 25 minutes, flying straight in open field with good weather it will get 1-2 minutes more.

What’s the maximum miles per gallon you’re getting on your car.
Mine said 35 miles per gallon on the window sticker but I’ve never gotten that.

Reactions: Thomas B and ff22
I get about 20 minutes, but I live at 6000' and fly at 9000' on occasion.

The started flight times are sort of like the stared mileages on your new car. Odds are you'l never get that.
Seems like you're on the mountains and surrounded with clouds...Would be great to see some of the sceneries if you ever snap with your Mini... I like high altitudes but live almost at sea level :)

I purchased a MM fly more from Amazon.
I hovered outside in front of a clock for each battery.
2 of the batteries yielded about 25 minutes and one under 17 minutes which I returned to a DJI repair centre for warranty replacement.

1-When you returned that defective battery to DJI, did you do so within the first 2 weeks of receiving the drone (I heard they replace it for free in the first 2 weeks of you receiving the Mavic Mini, in case you shopped from their online store)? If not, how long after you got the Mini, did you send the Battery to the repair centre for replacement?
2- Did they cover the cost of return shipment? Could you please elaborate more.

Here is the video from 1 of the batteries. I think if it can hover for 25 minutes, flying straight in open field with good weather it will get 1-2 minutes more.

Thanks! I saw a bit of this and paused, grabbed some popcorn, came back and hit play !

Reactions: Pericles
I typically get around just over 20min per battery. Aggressive flying in S mode less, and steady forward flight in P more. The shortest I've seen is 16min, and the longest 24min, taking off at 100% and landing at +/-20%, outside with at least a little bit of wind.

Remember that there are a few more minutes you could squeeze out of that final 20% (or 15% or whatever it was at when you landed) Each 3-4% is approximately another minute

Last edited:
Reactions: ngup and shaneb50

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada