DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Better than Spark?

Cyber3xpert

Reactions
There are all kinds of things being said about the rumored "Mavic Mini." Some people say it's a Spark 2, others say it's another Mavic Air. The specs were leaked just days ago, and it seems to be a foldable, lighter Spark with enhanced wifi. dronedj.com (Photos of DJI Mavic Mini. Is this the new Spark 2 or Mavic Air? - DroneDJ) had an article on the Mavic Mini, and posted the specs later on.

The Spark is a rugged little guy - I don't think this new drone will top that aspect, as people are saying the mini will be less than 250 grams.

The Mavic Mini is rumored to have a 4k camera - this sort of swamps the spark's cam quality (1080p), and for a drone the size and weight of the mini, the camera is going to have to be pretty light and small.

The Mini is also rumored to have 3-axis gimbal stabilization - even though the Spark only has 2-axis, it is still an amazing little drone packed with tech and features that many drones do not have.

Will the Mini have ActiveTrack 2.0? I don't know yet, but I welcome any other info on the matter.

I seriously cannot wait to buy this new drone!

Also, WHEN WILL DJI RELEASE THE MAVIC MINI?

Thoughts?
Opinions?

Actually no one knows what the Mavic Mini specifications are. It was all speculations, so we can't say if it's better or worse than a Spark.

Heh. It has been shown that Drone DJ isn't a credible source of information. They have been confirmed to make things up and spin news to get people to read then.

I would take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Heh. It has been shown that Drone DJ isn't a credible source of information. They have been confirmed to make things up and spin news to get people to read then.

I would take anything they say with a grain of salt.
And if it’s true, 100m range is not great....

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
There are all kinds of things being said about the rumored "Mavic Mini." Some people say it's a Spark 2, others say it's another Mavic Air. The specs were leaked just days ago, and it seems to be a foldable, lighter Spark with enhanced wifi. dronedj.com (Photos of DJI Mavic Mini. Is this the new Spark 2 or Mavic Air? - DroneDJ) had an article on the Mavic Mini, and posted the specs later on.

The Spark is a rugged little guy - I don't think this new drone will top that aspect, as people are saying the mini will be less than 250 grams.

The Mavic Mini is rumored to have a 4k camera - this sort of swamps the spark's cam quality (1080p), and for a drone the size and weight of the mini, the camera is going to have to be pretty light and small.

The Mini is also rumored to have 3-axis gimbal stabilization - even though the Spark only has 2-axis, it is still an amazing little drone packed with tech and features that many drones do not have.

Will the Mini have ActiveTrack 2.0? I don't know yet, but I welcome any other info on the matter.

Thoughts?
Opinions?
i believe what you heard about a mavic mini has been proven to be a hoax,apparently drone dji has a history of making things up to gain a large following

Reactions: deleted member 877
I’m looking forward to getting the Mavic Mini, will be the perfect size for recons and research.

Be nice if FT Aviator will include the Mavic Mini to work with the new Aviator hand controller, got my fingers crossed.

Paul

Thoughts?
Opinions?
From what I’ve Seen this is nothing but a really good 3D Printer fake. Nothing more. With all off the pending changes in Drone Laws here and abroad why would the Drone Gods at DJI put out anything when they don’t even know how rules and regulations world wide are being drafted. Yes research but nothing will be coming until early next year at the soonest. Look at the charger and then look at every DJI product charger you own, no way a cellphone charger will work with a DJI Drone. This is no news so yes fake news here. Nothing to be excited about. I’ll fly my Air and Spark till the cows come home.

DJI finally enters the "toy grade drone" market! Not impressive at all!!
Seems more like they just replaced the Spark with a slightly more capable drone that folds. I was way more impressed with the Spark over the Tello which I would consider more as a toy. If the mini has better features than the Spark and priced right, it will fit nicely into their line.

The tello was more aimed at education and STEM activities than as a toy, basic coding and learning about systems makes it a great platform for that. Sure it’s also a reasonable toy.

unless they made some serious refinement, I would classify in rank as Mavic Mini, Tello, Spark, Mavic Air, Etc...
Not by capabilities but by quality from what was leaked so far.

unless they made some serious refinement, I would classify in rank as Mavic Mini, Tello, Spark, Mavic Air, Etc...
Not by capabilities but by quality from what was leaked so far.
It's all speculation but if what they're saying it has for features comes out, it has the same camera as the Air, flies further and faster than the Spark which already blows the Tello out of the water all the way around.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS