DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini charging jar?

Bob1956

Reactions
Looking at the ads by DJI for the new mini, every now and then they show the new mini under glass. Is that a charging station and storage container ?

yes you plug the charger into it and it displays the mini and charges at the same time

Looking at the ads by DJI for the new mini, every now and then they show the new mini under glass. Is that a charging station and storage container ?
Wireless charging pad with ornamental (look at me!) glass bell jar.
Not very travel friendly, but cute nonetheless I suppose.

Nice for display and charging at home.

Reactions: Miniloo
At least Mini owners can be less concerned about battery fire while charging. ?

Reactions: razoraerial
I would be very impressed if it's got wireless charging. They could make a charging pad where you can fly, land on the pad, let it charge and take off again without needing remove the battery.
I think next big feature would be wireless charging. Have a dome on the roof/cavity of the house where a drone can take off, investigate parameter of the house, then land on charging pad and sleep, waiting for next flight.

Good idea? Probably not. It encourages people to leave a Li-Po battery charging unattended as an ornament.
Maybe the bell is fireproof?

Anyone....

agree about the charging part, but come on, its really just a bit of fun and a novelty like the do it yourself stickers that you can get, charging it in the glass dome would be no different to charging it on a work surface and who knows maybe it has a sticker on it that says dont leave unattended when charging

Wish someone would come up with an inductive charger for all these, like I use for my phone...
sure would save a lot of time plugging ,unplugging loads of cables and the fact you have to store them all as well

Reactions: JS1600 and Thomas B
It’s probably a smart charger and knows when too turn off.

Good idea? Probably not. It encourages people to leave a Li-Po battery charging unattended as an ornament.
Maybe the bell is fireproof?

Anyone....
You mean like what's probably done with today's phones? They all stop charging when done, mini included I'm sure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3