DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini close encounter with the bird on video.

Nauman35

Reactions
Hi everyone ,i was flying as usual taking some photos and videos ,suddenly i noticed a bird perhaps the same size that of mavic mini or little bigger circling and started following ,MM was at a decent height but when it started to get closer ,I started to worry that it might hit MM ,i swtiched to sports mode and being close to the home point ,descended as fast as i could ,bird made few very close flybys ,at the end i managed to land safely ,bird was either curious or was trying to size up and attack MM ,I was lucky that i was close to the home point.
I read somewhere ,it is better to ascend to a safe height to outrun an imminent bird attack .what you guys think if you were in the same situation .i had few seconds to react after noticing ,first thing came to my mind was sports mode and land .here is the video of the close encounter.

One thing a bird can't do is fly straight up, I always go up and up till they leave. That bird I believe is some type of a swallow and they will bother you at all times, you must be close to their habitat. I just move father away and I have no problems.

Reactions: Nauman35
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest