DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Confirmed! Latest Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatsharks were making HD goggles but used the new DJI FPV system and went back to the drawing boards as they stated on Twitter or Instagram. I assume DJI is doing the same as DJI did to Fatshark with the launch preorder of Skydio 2. Companies like AMD and NVidia were doing the same thing to compete against each other. Unless you are Intel w/ no competition, like DJI was before Skydio 2, you can leave everything old w/o updates and still have backorders. You can discontinue products that don't really create as much profit to upcharge others as DJI did when the tariffs hit, but now, competition is going to stop that monopoly unless they have scientific NASA-grade component drones and boosters that they used in their autonomous demo that the actual version is Half that at the price they are asking for. The only way to tell is when people start using it and it remains proven crash-proof. It hits BestBuy and the news. CNN and other companies start talking about it, people liquidate drones from other companies, people buy Skydio and nothing else after they've ramped up production, the other companies are forced to compete or go bankrupt, etc. In an individual perspective, some people have no hope, no resources, and end up becoming a suicide statistic.

Last edited:
Yeah right... it’s October 21st and there is still nothing on the DJI website. I’m hanging to the October 30th release date.

Yeah right... it’s October 21st and there is still nothing on the DJI website. I’m hanging to the October 30th release date.
Seriously. Can we stop it with all the posts and comments about “DJI XXXXXXX Confirmed!!!” when the company has said nothing and the only evidence is some yahoo on YouTube with no connection to the company saying so?

I don’t doubt a Mavic Mini or something similar is coming down the pipeline and love speculation as much as the next guy, but to claim “confirmed” in the absence of an announcement or at least reliable leak is just misleading.

Last edited:
Seriously. Can we stop with all the posts and comments about “DJI XXXXXXX Confirmed!!!” when the company has said nothing and the only evidence is some yahoo on YouTube with no connection to the company saying so?

I don’t doubt a Mavic Mini or something similar is coming down the pipeline and love speculation as much as the next guy, but to claim “confirmed” in the absence of an announcement or at least reliable leak is just misleading.

Why did you waste your time reading this post? And then you answered on it.
Wait for October, 30 and see what happens! ;)

Reactions: redserv
Based on some previously reputable internet sources all confirmed with a Ouija board, it will first be introduced in Australia in time for the holidays.

Why did you waste your time reading this post? And then you answered on it.
Wait for October, 30 and see what happens! ;)
Because after seeing and clicking on enough clickbait posts and videos claiming something was “confirmed” it appeared some people could use a reminder of what that word meant.

• Haha
Reactions: DFelix
249 g Ultralight
30-min Max. Flight Time
4 km HD Video Transmission
Vision Sensor + GPS Precise Hover
3-Axis Gimbal 2.7K Camera
Simplified Recording & Editing

Stabilized Gimbal Camera
Transform any moment into a work of art. Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage.
Remote Controller
See what your Mavic Mini sees.
A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD, low-latency video feed at a distance of up to 4 km. [3] Detachable control sticks can be easily stored inside the remote controller for added portability.

Extended Flight Time
Less battery charging, more flying.
Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.

IMG_20191025_004051.jpgDJI Global Mavic Mini 2.jpg

249 g Ultralight
30-min Max. Flight Time
4 km HD Video Transmission
Vision Sensor + GPS Precise Hover
3-Axis Gimbal 2.7K Camera
Simplified Recording & Editing

Stabilized Gimbal Camera
Transform any moment into a work of art. Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K Quad HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear, ultra-smooth footage.
Remote Controller
See what your Mavic Mini sees.
A dedicated remote controller maintains an HD, low-latency video feed at a distance of up to 4 km. [3] Detachable control sticks can be easily stored inside the remote controller for added portability.

Extended Flight Time
Less battery charging, more flying.
Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.

View attachment 84092View attachment 84093
Is that official leaked verbiage? Every other “leak” has stated 18min of flight time. I was considering biting the bullet and scooping one up, but if it is in fact 30min flight time- that’s a GUARANTEED cop!

Link says “unauthorized” for me, so I can’t see it. But I hope you’re right!

The fact that last night I clicked on the link and it WAS available, but now has been taken down/blocked lends a lot of legitimacy to the data there!

I'm just wondering if the 2.7K is a dealkiller or not. To refresh myself with the differences in the real-world (editing speeds, crop-ability, actual picture quality, etc.), I googled the 4k vs 2.7 vs. 1080p discussions aaaand... most of the debate/chatter was back in the dark ages of GoPro Hero 5 models and such. Seems like pretty much any discussion of shooting footage in 2.7k since then has been non-existent or a quick "Just use 4k, it's better in every way other than small file size."

But for a little travel drone, I don't need to fly more than a mile away, and long flight time combined with packable size is a great thing. The non-registration point is the biggest thing. A toy-sized unregulated product with useable 2.7 croppable footage and 3 axis gimbal? That's good enough to sell some units. It's going to be frustrating for a lot of people to not have that magic 4k label though.

As a datapoint though, I borrowed one of these FitFort gopro knockoffs - 4k ain't exactly like the 4k from my iPhone or an older Hero. It kinda looks like a five year old product, not a 4k you'd expect. So there's good 4k and there's bad 4k. I'd rather have great 2.7k or 1080p footage than some crappy 4k just to advertise it's 4k output.

The fact that last night I clicked on the link and it WAS available, but now has been taken down/blocked lends a lot of legitimacy to the data there!

I'm just wondering if the 2.7K is a dealkiller or not. To refresh myself with the differences in the real-world (editing speeds, crop-ability, actual picture quality, etc.), I googled the 4k vs 2.7 vs. 1080p discussions aaaand... most of the debate/chatter was back in the dark ages of GoPro Hero 5 models and such. Seems like pretty much any discussion of shooting footage in 2.7k since then has been non-existent or a quick "Just use 4k, it's better in every way other than small file size."

But for a little travel drone, I don't need to fly more than a mile away, and long flight time combined with packable size is a great thing. The non-registration point is the biggest thing. A toy-sized unregulated product with useable 2.7 croppable footage and 3 axis gimbal? That's good enough to sell some units. It's going to be frustrating for a lot of people to not have that magic 4k label though.

As a datapoint though, I borrowed one of these FitFort gopro knockoffs - 4k ain't exactly like the 4k from my iPhone or an older Hero. It kinda looks like a five year old product, not a 4k you'd expect. So there's good 4k and there's bad 4k. I'd rather have great 2.7k or 1080p footage than some crappy 4k just to advertise it's 4k output.
I certainly hope so. I wanna believe because it’s not some random website- it’s freaking Best Buy. And the verbiage used sounded really legit like it came from a professional marketing team. Also, it’s one thing to guess specs- but it also listed like 5-6 accessories available as well. If it was false, why also list accessories?

I would much rather sacrifice a tiny bit of image quality for longer flight time. I had a Spark and that 16 min flight time was barely enough. However, if I’m honest- I didn’t hate the image quality.

Many people preferred shooting the Mavic 1 in 2.7k opposed to 4k, because it was really good 2.7k. Also, most content isn’t even being viewed in true 4k. So I for one, for $399, am a happy camper with 2.7k and 30min. of flight time.

My interest is good range (well good link at a reasonable range). I will indeed be watching the unveiling of this new product.

On a side note, at the Outdoor Retailer Show DJI had a booth this year.... I tried to pin them down about any new releases, especially the Phantom Series. I told them given the superior overall design of the mavic chassis, i thought the Phantom line was dead... they looked at each other and told me "no comment".

Hummmmm

From Bridger:

"As a datapoint though, I borrowed one of these FitFort gopro knockoffs - 4k ain't exactly like the 4k from my iPhone or an older Hero. It kinda looks like a five year old product, not a 4k you'd expect. So there's good 4k and there's bad 4k. I'd rather have great 2.7k or 1080p footage than some crappy 4k just to advertise it's 4k output."

Absolutely, lenses, sensors and firmware all make a big impact on image quality

The latest in the Mavic Mini Saga:

249g - something that's blowing in the Wind like my Tello ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair