DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini controller charging my android phone.

Scott M

Reactions
Hello all
Received my Mavic mini a month ago, I thought it would be a good idea to join the Mavic pilot website, full of far more knowledgeable drone pilots than I. So hope you may be able to help on my journey of drone flying exhilaration. still not had much flying time due to bad weather. ☹️ My first question i have is I don’t suppose anyone knows why my controller keeps charging my android phone, only getting a couple of flights and the I need to charge the Controller. Appreciate any info.

My first question i have is I don’t suppose anyone knows why my controller keeps charging my android phone, only getting a couple of flights and the I need to charge the Controller.
Change the USB settings on the phone from Charge to MTP. ( You may need to enable developer options to do that ).

Reactions: Thriftycent
I found a setting in my Huawei Android phone that helps a lot ...
Look in ... Settings > System > Developer Options ... Scroll to 'Debugging' and switch on "Always prompt when connecting to USB".
With that option engaged, I get a pop-up whenever I attach the controller to my phone. I just select the 'File Transfer only' option, and the phone no longer tries to charge the Controller.
I also turn off WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone and that also preserves phone battery.

+1, My samsung s7 edge decided to die after 3 years of use. I replaced it with a Huawei y7 2019, until my contract expires on 27th of this month and could upgrade to a better handset. Im planning to get an s10+ but android 10 is still unsupported until dji releases a new firmware update. I tested this afternoon with my huawei and when I plugged my cable from the controller, I got prompt message. I chose file transfer only and the controller did not charge me phone.
e06efe4d980e3f95bacc8c6eb7b35fde.jpg

Reactions: FoxhallGH
My S10 works with the mavic mini but I can't find in the debugging section the option to prompt for USB

Hello all
Received my Mavic mini a month ago, I thought it would be a good idea to join the Mavic pilot website, full of far more knowledgeable drone pilots than I. So hope you may be able to help on my journey of drone flying exhilaration. still not had much flying time due to bad weather. ☹ My first question i have is I don’t suppose anyone knows why my controller keeps charging my android phone, only getting a couple of flights and the I need to charge the Controller. Appreciate any info.
What device and software version are you running? Android is an open system modified by manufacturers of the devices running it.

What device and software version are you running? Android is an open system modified by manufacturers of the devices running it.
Hi I’m using huashi p10 running android 10.
I get the transfer file prompt but it won’t let me use it.

+1, My samsung s7 edge decided to die after 3 years of use. I replaced it with a Huawei y7 2019, until my contract expires on 27th of this month and could upgrade to a better handset. Im planning to get an s10+ but android 10 is still unsupported until dji releases a new firmware update. I tested this afternoon with my huawei and when I plugged my cable from the controller, I got prompt message. I chose file transfer only and the controller did not charge me phone.
e06efe4d980e3f95bacc8c6eb7b35fde.jpg
Thanks, but I get this prompt but it won’t let me transfer files only

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929