DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini controller connected w/iPad Mini

Schnauzergeek

Reactions
Am I missing something, or is it impossible to connect my iPad mini to the Mavic Mini controller without a third party cable?
It doesn’t seem like the cables provided are long enough. I’m trying to use the same MavMount that I use for my Mavic Air. The iPad mini has a lightning connection
c47cfd02e9b228cd399949b26d6d3733.jpg

Reactions: TheRock
With other Mavics, you had a full A USB port on the bottom of the remote. Not so with the Mini, which is probably why DJI didn't focus on tablets in their rush to get the product out.
Obviously the included cables are way too short to connect to a tablet.

You have two options:
Get a long enough custom cable that's micro on one side with OTG on that side and Lignting/C on the other for your iPad Mini. Drone Valley has them but you can find them elsewhere.
Get a micro OTG adapter that provides the full A socket on the other side so you can use your existing cables. That's the method I used.

It doesn’t seem like the cables provided are long enough
The provided cables were designed to be used with mobile phones. I'm using this 12" RCGEEK cable with my Apple devices:

1574601552062.png

It's also a good cable to use when using an iPhone that's in a thick case -- like an Otterbox case.

Yea, my Thunderbolt adapter from Apple oddly won't work. (Thunderbolt female for the Mini-suppled cable to Thunderbolt male to go into my iPad) Very strange. Ordered a dedicated cord just now but you would think they'd make these cords longer. Thanks for the tips above!!

The provided cables were designed to be used with mobile phones. I'm using this 12" RCGEEK cable with my Apple devices:

View attachment 86378

It's also a good cable to use when using an iPhone that's in a thick case -- like an Otterbox case.

I have an Otterbox case for my iPhone X and always removed the case to use with my controller because I didn’t think it would fit. I just tried it with the Otterbox case and it isn’t a very snug fit, but I can make it work if I need to.

I have an Otterbox case for my iPhone X and always removed the case to use with my controller because I didn’t think it would fit. I just tried it with the Otterbox case and it isn’t a very snug fit, but I can make it work if I need to.

Scratch that. I’m unable to use the iPhone X with my Otterbox case because the phone’s charging port is blocked by the controller as well as the rubber Otterbox port cover

I’m unable to use the iPhone X with my Otterbox case because the phone’s charging port is blocked by the controller as well as the rubber Otterbox port cover
That shouldn't be an issue if you use your MavMount, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ