DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Controller Firmware upgrade fail

tomthx

Reactions
Hi Everyone.
I recently purchase the Mavic Mini and the first time I turned it on it wanted to upgrade the firmware of the controller and it failed. After restarting the controller and the drone it want to upgrade the drone, and it failed. I looked up the issue only to discover all of the problems that people have had with firmware for this drone. I have now learnt not to trust just youtube reviews.
I have since tried to upgrade the controller firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it fails with the attached error trying to do a force update. At least the DJI Assistant app upgraded the Mini without an issue.
I have logged an issue via DJI chat and after more then a week of not even one response and I have escalated the issue via chat again and still no reply. So now I'm reaching out to the forums, even though I purchased DJI care for this drone I have not been able to get any solution.
I have search for this error code and found nothing so hopefully someone has had this problem and might be able to help.
Any help would be appreciated, as this is the first DJI drone I have purchased, as I have a number of Yuneec drones that have not had any problems, so I was expecting better from DJI and so far it has been a dissappointment, to say the least.
Cheers, Tom.

Attachments

• DJI_Control_Error_0xf4.png
    DJI_Control_Error_0xf4.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 28
have you tried to do the firmware upgrade, doing it through the APP so it updated the drone the RC and the battery thats in the drone at the same time
before you start delete and then reinstall the app and then attach your screen device to the RC select the app then turn on the RC and wait for it to connect then finally start the drone make sure the gimbal cover is removed first as it takes some time to do the update then if its hot where you are have a fan blowing over the drone and RC and device to help prevent overheating during the update then just follow the directions in the app good luck

have you tried to do the firmware upgrade, doing it through the APP so it updated the drone the RC and the battery thats in the drone at the same time
before you start delete and then reinstall the app and then attach your screen device to the RC select the app then turn on the RC and wait for it to connect then finally start the drone make sure the gimbal cover is removed first as it takes some time to do the update then if its hot where you are have a fan blowing over the drone and RC and device to help prevent overheating during the update then just follow the directions in the app good luck
Hi, are you referring to the DJI Fly app or using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic PC app?
Thanks, Tom.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi, I tried the re-intall of the DJI Fly app and it fails at about 77%. error code 8002 on the app.
This is very disappointing.?

Out of interest, what device are you using ?
Hi Paul
I was using a Samsung Note 8, but I also tried to update the RC and drone using my Windows 10 PC and the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it also failed. I have since return the mini for a full refund and now I'm waiting for a DJI Care refund.
Cheers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S