DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini crash, I learned my lesson

Did one of the props break in flight or become detached? Was the prop hub still attached when you retrieved the drone?

Did one of the props break in flight or become detached? Was the prop hub still attached when you retrieved the drone?
One prop broke from the crash, the hubs were still all in place. I had a motor esc warning and then the crash. I flew this morning for 30 minutes with DJI props and had no problems

Thanks for this report. I was thinking about buying something similar for props. Not going to do it now. Let us know how the Mini flys when you get a chance to fly again. Looking forward to it.

Oooops I just saw your above post a minute ago. Good for you.

One prop broke from the crash, the hubs were still all in place. I had a motor esc warning and then the crash. I flew this morning for 30 minutes with DJI props and had no problems

The flight looked pretty stable in the beginning. You would think if one of the props was out of balance there would have been signs of that when you accelerated the motors to climb. That said it did happen as you began to accelerate forward so that might have been at the point where enough stress was placed on them to cause the problem.

Did you actually see the drone crash and the prop break off when it crashed?

The flight looked pretty stable in the beginning. You would think if one of the props was out of balance there would have been signs of that when you accelerated the motors to climb. That said it did happen as you began to accelerate forward so that might have been at the point where enough stress was placed on them to cause the problem.

Did you actually see the drone crash and the prop break off when it crashed?
I only saw the crash through my ipad mini, I didn't see the prop break on impact

For now I would mount the original props, fly the drone low to the ground and not too far while accelerating in all directions to see if you get another ESC error message.

The craft yawed violently to the right and the nose dropped when it happened indicating that the left front rotor has failed to delivery thrust. Did you see the propeller on that side broken ? If not the propellers are not to be blamed. ESC error following by crash has been reported a number of times in this forum. It seems to be an intermittent problem so it may happen again.

The propellers of Mini can actually take quite a lot of damage and still be able to fly :

Last edited:
Why do you think it crashed . props being out of balance?

Glad you found it.... from the video feed it looks to me like it was trying to correct itself... I had my Mavic 2 pro hit a tree branch on Thursday while it was trying to come home from a low battery warning and the dern thing flipped upside down and then corrected itself twice.... I could not believe it.... and then flew fine with no damage.... I'm very interested now in tracking devices.... can you help?

Bought some aftermarket props on Amazon, I liked them because they are colorful. The first flight with these props and my Mavic Mini crashed from 153-foot altitude. Nothing but DJI parts for me ever again. Footage from the crash is included.

Good info, thanks for sharing... I don't know if anyone has thought of this, but spray-paint the OEM props, lightly on one side or both, with high-quality based paint adhering to proper dry time, etc... Do you think this might compromise the propeller or drone, any thoughts?

ATB,
- David

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato