DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini crash (motor falling)

Pubudu

Reactions
Dear pilots.

I purchased Mavic Mini 1 month before and I loved the experience. However when I was flying it in the morning (9/12/19) at 46m high it lost signal and had a motor error and crashed. I am speechless for what happened. Attached the screenshot of the error here.

DJI came back saying its pilot error somehow I doubt that as there was nothing obstructing the flight path. I need some advice. Please help

Attachments

• 19-12-09-08-29-43_FLY028.DAT
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Dear pilots.

I purchased Mavic Mini 1 month before and I loved the experience. However when I was flying it in the morning (9/12/19) at 46m high it lost signal and had a motor error and crashed. I am speechless for what happened. Attached the screenshot of the error here.

DJI came back saying its pilot error somehow I doubt that as there was nothing obstructing the flight path. I need some advice. Please help

Please find the attached txt fomat

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-12-09_[08-30-11][1].txt
    559.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi I hve attache the log in txt

Attachments

• SdrLog-2019-12-09-08-28-37-1.txt
    197.5 KB · Views: 14
Calling @sar104 . We kindly request your help with this log and crash.

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
@Pubudu This looks like a left rear motor failure. The motor speed dropped immediately after RTH was issued. Note: This was after a period of downlink loss.

1576517848718.png

I'm kinda confused, is this a error of the pilot (which is me) or it's a technical issue

I'm kinda confused, is this a error of the pilot (which is me) or it's a technical issue
It could be either or both. It is virtually impossible to tell which, due to the signal loss prior to the last points of data.

Surely DJI should call it 50/50 and replace it, ps I’m no expert in flight logs. I think it’s great what you guys can read.

Reactions: scooot and LaaLaa
@Pubudu Take a look at this link for your flight. Look at the last 2 lines of the data. At signal loss your altitude was 152ft. When signal returned your altitude was 25ft and falling. Yes, it looks like the left rear motor was an issue, but it is possible that you hit something. There is no way to know what you were doing between those points. Here is the link: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

With data like that, DJI can’t say it wasn’t their fault either. Without more data, they can’t prove you did anything wrong, IMO

Scary to think they would even challenge it. Motor failure.

Reactions: scooot
With data like that, DJI can’t say it wasn’t their fault either. Without more data, they can’t prove you did anything wrong, IMO

Scary to think they would even challenge it. Motor failure.
The real source of information would most likely be on the AC log itself and may be encrypted/readable only by DJI. Thats usually stored on the black box or internal memory, may still be retrievable by end user if you can power on the AC and connect to Assistant.

may still be retrievable by end user if you can power on the AC and connect to Assistant.
Encrypted as of today. Otherwise it would have been asked for.

The entire log or part ? I vaguely recall being able to read parts of the log of my Mavic Air but could be mistaken.
Mavic Air can be read. AFIAK.....Only the Phantom V2, Mavic 2 and MM are not. As far as the aircraft .dat's are concerned.

There are 3 log files.

From easy of access they are

1) The .TXT log on your mobile device.

2) The .DAT log on your mobile device.

3) The .DAT log on the Mavic Mini which is only readable by DJI because it's encrypted.

Reactions: grahamjohnson10
.DAT logs presumably provide more detailed technical info than the viewable .TXT log files. Possibly hardware diagnostics that don't appear in the .TXT ones?

Dumb question? Why are .DAT logs encrypted? Is it because (cynical hat on here) DJI don't want to have available public data to be argued over?

If a load of problems with say motor failure became publicly visible and fairly provable from data it wouldn't be that good for DJI would it?

Cynical hat off - for now.

Reactions: Capt KO
The .DAT log files on the Mavic Air and Mavic 2 are encrypted. The Mavic Mini .DAT log files are probably encrypted but in a way different from the MA and M2. .DATs from the remaining DJI platforms are not encrypted and can be read by DatCon.

.DATs created by either the Go4 or the Fly app are not encrypted and can be read by DatCon.

The .txt created by either the Go4 or the Fly app is weakly encrypted allowing us to break it. IMHO, this .txt encryption scheme exists to make it possible for DJI to detect a counterfeit .txt. In contrast, the encryption of the on board MA and M2 .DATs is strong enough that an encrypted counterfeit .DAT couldn't be created in the first place.

As mentioned above the MM encryption is different than the MA an M2. It may not be an encryption scheme. I.e., just an encoding scheme which would allow it to be read. But, I'm guessing it's encrypted.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose