DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini DJI Fly not connecting

Gbeckwith

Reactions
I live in Japan and purchased my Mini from Amazon Japan. It arrived in less than 24 hours and I was ready to go, after growing tired of the general toy qualities of my Potensic T25. Following all of the setup videos I could find I charged the batteries that evening and got to work the next morning prepping the bird for flight. (I'm retired and old.)

My Samsung Galaxy S8 would not connect to the DJI Fly app no matter what I tried. The drone and controller connected nicely and I could move the gimbal with the controller with no problem. Reading posts and watching troubleshooting videos I found that even having a full charge on the phone didn't help. I spent the better part of 8 hours trying this and that without success..

I grew up in electronics starting with vacuum tubes and learned to chase problems systematically based on the information on hand. Logic dictated that the problem was either in the drone or controller and since I didn't have the resourses nor desire to go spend any more time (money) on a newly unboxed purchase I contact Amazon for a return/replacement. It was around 2200 so I'd had enough. They obliged within minutes and messaged me that the new one was ordered and that I could expect it the next day. True to their word it arrived at 1400 and I went right to battery charging.

After re-watching a couple of startup vids to make sure all was well I got going again. With apprehension I was very happy that things worked as planned this time. I live on a beach and winds today are running at about 25mph and will be for a few days more as a typhoon approaches so no flying yet.

I love this drone but I don't like the idea that DJI's QC system is flawed. Posts I've seen blame Samsung for non-connectivity but I've proved that to be inaccurate. If you have any out of box issues, send it back for replacement. This is why I like purchasing from Amazon vice the big box stores.

Cheers and happy flying.

Now that you have satisfied yourself that it is not the phone and if you still have the original equipment, have you tried your phone on the original equipment again?
If it fails then try the orginal controller to phone cable on your new equipment or vice versa etc. etc... 'Swapping' like that you could work your way through the original equipment until you the faulty item.

I did an immediate exchange with Amazon. Mavic specs say my Galaxy S8 will work. I expect any product I spend good money on to work right out of the box, which this didn't. As I said, the replacement works.

Did you try a different USB cable? Some have found the OEM cable does not fit the phone properly, many times it's because of a case that is on the phone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929