DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini doing strange things!

retepnikrap

Reactions
Just bought a mavic mini, first job updated the firmware so ready to fly.
I have flown drones before so not inexperienced, not flown it outside yet but after setting everything up I started it up in doors, very stable did everything it should with super accuracy so I was very pleased. Just thought I would have a second play indoors and as the drone rose it started drifting, fortunately the christmas tree caught it, I started it up again this time holding it and it is acting strange, if I move it around it goes full throttle, if I hold it still it seems ok but any movement and it goes full throttle and you can't throttle down, only thing I can think is that it's trying to fly home and as such trying to get to 50m which is the fly home altitude I set but obviously I haven't press the fly home button. I now dare not fly it until I find the problem, any help or ideas would be appreciated.
ps. I have restarted and recalibrated everything but still the same. Thank you in advance.

Just goes full throttle which it never did on my first indoor flight, if you hold the drone on tickover don't touch the sticks but move it up 6 inches keeping it level would you expect it to go to full throttle? (which is what it's doing) doesn't seem right to me.

Just goes full throttle which it never did on my first indoor flight, if you hold the drone on tickover don't touch the sticks but move it up 6 inches keeping it level would you expect it to go to full throttle? (which is what it's doing) doesn't seem right to me.
I assume you are holding the aircraft on the bottom? ( Seems fairly obvious with the props running ). Most likely it is the VPS seeing your hands. The flight logs will tell you if that is the case.

Reactions: Thomas B
Initial try out indoors good recipe for strange behaviors & crashes. No GPS positioning indoors so the Mini rely on the bottom Visual positioning sensors to keep it steady ... not enough light or to little pattern for the sensors to lock on & you have atti mode. Cover the VPS with the hand not good either. Go out in a open space, wait until 10 satellites is locked & retry take off procedure.

theres nothing wrong with the drone it is fighting the fact you are holding it ,good lesson learned for others, be patient and dont try to fly indoors as it can end in tears

I have flown drones before so not inexperienced, not flown it outside yet but after setting everything up I started it up in doors, very stable did everything it should with super accuracy so I was very pleased. Just thought I would have a second play indoors and as the drone rose it started drifting, fortunately the christmas tree caught it, I started it up again this time holding it and it is acting strange
There's nothing wrong with the drone.
Stop recalibrating things, stop flying indoors.
Take the drone outside to a large, open area where there's nothing to hit and where it can get the help of GPS position holding.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98