DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini done some weird things.

cemugurcekic

Reactions
This was my second flight, and some weird camera movement hapenned or the drone was shaken. I have no idea what happened or why happened. There was no wind or any high wind warnings on the phone. I was in video mode and the battery was on 20% app requested to fly home then I took the manual control (sport mode) and started to move to where I am. Couple second in I saw a vierd movement on the screen, than one more after that I switched to the P mode and it happened again. I was using the sunnylife lens hood for MM, maybe that has something to do with the problem? Like I said it's may second fly whit the mini.

Does anybody know why did this happened?

Thank you everyone here is the video

• Wow
Reactions: antonebear
Every once in awhile my camera will make a twist to the side and move back to normal. DJI said do a camera calibration, but it still does it occasionally, but not as much as yours.

So should I get in to contact with the DJI or , in your opinion , is it fine?

Perhaps it's not wise to fly sport mode with sunshade on. Its like an air tunel driving all the pressure to your gimbal. Just my opinion, strong enough. Good luck.

Perhaps it's not wise to fly sport mode with sunshade on. Its like an air tunel driving all the pressure to your gimbal. Just my opinion, strong enough. Good luck.
Thank you for your advice I'm new and didn't think for anything about this.

They're not much help, but that was pretty drastic and you have video to send.
Thank you, there is nother thing;

I also checked the fly log from the DJI fly app. It shows that the left stick was at downward position and the right one was at full up ( mode 2) so there shouldn't be any side moves but at the exact point the camera shifted, the dron was drifting to right.

Marked section was unintentional

Screenshot_20200512-033005.jpg

Thank you, there is nother thing;

I also checked the fly log from the DJI fly app. It shows that the left stick was at downward position and the right one was at full up ( mode 2) so there shouldn't be any side moves but at the exact point the camera shifted, the dron was drifting to right.

Marked section was unintentional

View attachment 101091
Any bird attack?

This was my second flight, and some weird camera movement hapenned or the drone was shaken. I have no idea what happened or why happened. There was no wind or any high wind warnings on the phone. I was in video mode and the battery was on 20% app requested to fly home then I took the manual control (sport mode) and started to move to where I am. Couple second in I saw a vierd movement on the screen, than one more after that I switched to the P mode and it happened again. I was using the sunnylife lens hood for MM, maybe that has something to do with the problem? Like I said it's may second fly whit the mini.

Does anybody know why did this happened?

Thank you everyone here is the video

I’ve had this a couple of time in strong side winds, I actually witness the drone do it once, the drone literally spun on its axis while managing course, at the time I put it down to the wind spinning it.

I’ve had this a couple of time in strong side winds, I actually witness the drone do it once, the drone literally spun on its axis while managing course, at the time I put it down to the wind spinning it.
Wow that should have been scary for you I really appreciate your comment thought, and everyones of course.looking through the comments logs and everything probably UVA Forecast showed the gust and wind speed wrong ( in my country sometimes it does) and I did have a sunshade so it probably had a effect on the gimbal. I really want to thank everyone for all of the help.

Now you mention it, I've watched my MM do this too. Only happened a couple of times on 1 flight. There was a strong side wind, battery was only part charged and the drone yawed to the side a bit but maintained its direction of travel. I wasnt filming at the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ