DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini downward vision sensor error help please.

Val22

Reactions
Hello,
ive been stuck with this error for weeks and have had no responses yet. Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

Hello,
ive been stuck with this error for weeks and have had no responses yet. Can anyone help me to solve this issue?
do you mean you are getting an error message on the device ,please explain what you mean

Reactions: shaneb50 and WooZie
You will probably be asked about uploading Flight log...:

"Flight log retrieval and analysis guide"

Otherwise, have you tried calibrating the sensor?

How to using DJI Mavic Mini Downward Vision System?

When GPS is unavailable, the Download Vision System is enabled if the surface has a discernable surface and sufficient light. The Downward Vision System works best when the aircraft is at an altitude of 0.5 to 10 m. If the aircraft’s altitude is above 10 m, the Vision System may be affected, so extra caution is required.

Step 1: Make sure the aircraft is on a flat surface. Power on the DJI Mavic Mini.

Step 2: The aircraft hovers in place after takeoff.

Step 3: The aircraft status indicator blinks green twice, which indicates the Downward Vision System is working.

How to calibrate DJI Mavic Mini vision system?

Step 1: Power on the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft.

Step 2: Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable.

Step 3: Launch DJI Assistant 2, and select Mavic Mini.

Step 4: Login your DJI account.

Step 5:Click the calibration on the left menu bar and calibrate the Downward vision system following the on-screen instructions.

Step 6: Then the aircraft will automatically start the calculating.

Step 7: The calibration is complete.

Edit: Of course, I assume you tried to clean the sensor...

Reactions: old man mavic
DJI Assistant 2 does not have option for sensor calibration for Mavic Mini.. Are there any other options?

You will probably be asked about uploading Flight log...:

"Flight log retrieval and analysis guide"

Otherwise, have you tried calibrating the sensor?

How to using DJI Mavic Mini Downward Vision System?

When GPS is unavailable, the Download Vision System is enabled if the surface has a discernable surface and sufficient light. The Downward Vision System works best when the aircraft is at an altitude of 0.5 to 10 m. If the aircraft’s altitude is above 10 m, the Vision System may be affected, so extra caution is required.

Step 1: Make sure the aircraft is on a flat surface. Power on the DJI Mavic Mini.

Step 2: The aircraft hovers in place after takeoff.

Step 3: The aircraft status indicator blinks green twice, which indicates the Downward Vision System is working.

How to calibrate DJI Mavic Mini vision system?

Step 1: Power on the DJI Mavic Mini aircraft.

Step 2: Connect the aircraft to your PC or Mac with a USB cable.

Step 3: Launch DJI Assistant 2, and select Mavic Mini.

Step 4: Login your DJI account.

Step 5:Click the calibration on the left menu bar and calibrate the Downward vision system following the on-screen instructions.

Step 6: Then the aircraft will automatically start the calculating.

Step 7: The calibration is complete.

Edit: Of course, I assume you tried to clean the sensor...
My software doesn't have calibration on the left menu bar

I change the camera ribbon and the camera cable...

Still no image and the downward vision sensor error .. unable to take off

Yes.. DOWNWARD VISION SENSOR ERROR.. UNABLE TO TAKE OF
I have also been getting a downward vision sensor error in the last few days.
It only happens while flying above 20 meters. Waiting for the weather to improve so I can do some tests.

We’ll need more info than you’ve supplied. Indoors or outdoors? What’s the weather like? Day or night? Is it all the time, or sporadic. What version firmware are you on? What app version?
What have you done so far to try and correct it?

Reactions: TommyP
Are you able to go into settings and disable the DVPS as if you wanted to take off at night?

We’ll need more info than you’ve supplied. Indoors or outdoors? What’s the weather like? Day or night? Is it all the time, or sporadic. What version firmware are you on? What app version?
What have you done so far to try and correct it?
All flying is outdoors in daylight only. Warm dry weather. Sporadic but usually every flight.
DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.14
mm1 v01.00.0500
RC v01.00.05000
DJI Fly App vers 1.2.2

Tried mm1 firmware v01.00.0400 made no difference. Went back to v01.00.0500
Waiting for better weather to do some more tests.
All flying is done on wide open farmland with no interference.

Last edited:
Try updating everything to the latest version!

Reactions: TommyP
Fixed my download vision sensor error.
Took the covers off and pulled the plugs from the boards. Found one was not straight.
Cleaned the senors and blew out any dust.
Then renewed the firmware for the mm1 and rc.
Two flights and no errors. Everything perfect.

Reactions: ICHOTT and Thomas B
Brilliant, well done, pictures of what you did would be nice to give anyone else the confidence to have a look if you got any?

Brilliant, well done, pictures of what you did would be nice to give anyone else the confidence to have a look if you got any?
Just followed a strip down video from Youtube, didn't take any photos.

I'm having the same problem. Did you fix it?
It could well be that the gimbal coaxial cable is faulty and if this is the case, donig a sensor calibration will not solve the issue or stop the Downward Vision Sensor errors from occuring. I would suggest starting a ticket with DJI Support and send your drone in for analysis and diagnosis. That's what I did and I got a brand new unit as they don't repair these units initially but send replacements instead to speed up the process.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143