DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Drifting Horizontally When Moving Forward

12and12CS

Reactions
My mavic mini has been drifting to the right very drastically when I push the remote control stick straight forward. I am flying in 45 degree Fahrenheit temps and little wind. Any suggestions?

I'm not understanding exactly what I need to do what app should I download? I'm seeing Litchi as 25 dollars and airdata is free but I'm not sure if it does what I'll need it to do.

I'm not understanding exactly what I need to do what app should I download? I'm seeing Litchi as 25 dollars and airdata is free but I'm not sure if it does what I'll need it to do.

You don't need an app - you just need to access the files on your mobile device:'

Mobile device DJI TXT logs
The log naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the flight, is: DJIFlightRecord_YYYY_MM_DD_[hr-min-sec].txt.​
Detailed instructions are available on @msinger's excellent PhantomHelp website and also on AirData, but the basic details are as follows:​
With iOS devices running DJI GO 4 you need to access the app files via computer, either using iTunes or with a file system browser such as iExplorer. The TXT logs are in Apps » DJI GO 4 » FlightRecords. The same method can be used to access DJI Fly files in DJI Fly » FlightRecords, but with DJI Fly they are also accessible using the iOS Files app by selecting Browse » On My iPhone » DJI Fly » FlightRecords.
With Android devices the file system should mount when plugged into a Windows machine, or via various software options on a Mac. With DJI GO 4 the TXT logs are in DJI » dji.go.v4 » FlightRecord. With DJI Fly they are in DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord.
If you want help analyzing the data then you can either retrieve the logs and post them here directly, or upload them to PhantomHelp or AirData and post the link back here.​
AirData also has automatic log upload (sync) options directly from most of the common control apps.​

This is another part of the flight that shows the drone drifting without my stick input and now you can see that i took off with 100percent battery

Where would that be at?

From the link above:

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)
The DAT file naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the file, is: YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLYXXX.DAT., where XXX is the flight recorder file index from the HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex field in the txt log.​
These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. In some cases, for reasons not fully explained but possibly mobile-device hardware related, and most often under Android, DAT files are not created and that folder is empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app sometimes fixes that. One user also found that the process required manual deletion of the app folder (apparently not deleted automatically in the uninstall process) before reinstalling the app.​

Reactions: hiflyer201
From the link above:

Mobile device DAT files (DJI GO 4 & DJI Fly)
The DAT file naming convention, based on the date and time of the start of the file, is: YY-MM-DD-hr-min-sec_FLYXXX.DAT., where XXX is the flight recorder file index from the HOME_dataRecorderFileIndex field in the txt log.​
These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. In some cases, for reasons not fully explained but possibly mobile-device hardware related, and most often under Android, DAT files are not created and that folder is empty. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app sometimes fixes that. One user also found that the process required manual deletion of the app folder (apparently not deleted automatically in the uninstall process) before reinstalling the app.​
i found the folder and it says that there is nothing so im going to uninstall and reinstall the app and see if it changes anything i assume you mean the dji fly app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser