Mavic Mini Flyaway! Help ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 111775
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 111775

Hey Guys,

Flight log:

I pressed auto-take off on my Mavic Mini

Then right after it immediately flew straight forward into a house (it moved by itself)

It then bounce off the house and flew at 39mp/h the opposite direction and crashed into a field.

There was only mild winds, and I had satellite connection. I'm confused as to why this happened ?

I retrieved the Mavic Mini and it has some big scrapes on it, but it is in tact.

The gimbal seems slightly off though, even after calibration. The horizon does not look level.

I purchased my Mavic Mini within the past 15 days and I have contacted DJI in regards to getting a replacement under DOA manufacturer fault.

I have DJI Care Refresh but I do not want to claim through it as I believe this was a defective units fault and not pilot error.

Could anybody analyse my flight and see what they think caused this?

Thanks so much!

S

If I shall guess from this log I would guess you haven't calibrated your compass, right?
According to the log it flies most times sideways although your stick input diidn't command this. So I guess the compass heading was almost 90° off, what usually leads to a flyaway.

I have DJI Care Refresh but I do not want to claim through it as I believe this was a defective units fault and not pilot error.
Unfortunately, I see nothing more than pilot error here. There are no errors or accentuated drifts. Only stick inputs that apparently drove it into the house.

1575583657433.png

If I shall guess from this log I would guess you haven't calibrated your compass, right?
According to the log it flies most times sideways although your stick input diidn't command this. So I guess the compass heading was almost 90° off, what usually leads to a flyaway.
The compass was calibrated the day previous, exact same flying location.

So where did you store the Mini? Was there a strong magnetic field or electric wiring around?
And you are shure about nothing was around during calibration causing magnetic interference? Maybe electric wiring in the ground?

Unfortunately, I see nothing more than pilot error here. There are no errors or accentuated drifts. Only stick inputs that apparently drove it into the house.

View attachment 87363
Hey,

I do not exactly understand how to read this graph.

But I can assure you that I did not use any stick input to move this controller other than to raise the altitude.

If you look here :

From 8.5 seconds - 10 seconds the drone tilted forward and slammed into a house without any input at all on the sticks forward.

You can actually see that the first time I even touched the right stick was right after it slammed into the house

I immediately pulled back to fly back away from the house

So where did you store the Mini? Was there a strong magnetic field or electric wiring around?
And you are shure about nothing was around during calibration causing magnetic interference? Maybe electric wiring in the ground?
Stored in its case in my kitchen.

I'm not sure about the wiring in the ground ?

But I would assume that If there was a calibration issue that it would flag this in the app ?

Also, the Mavic Mini flew perfectly in a flight about 20 minutes prior to this happening!

If you are sure the MM flew forward and/or backwards instead of sideways you can see from its orientation in your log (where it is displayed as flying sideways) that there was a compass problem.

If you are sure the MM flew forward and/or backwards instead of sideways you can see from its orientation in your log (where it is displayed as flying sideways) that there was a compass problem.
So this would cause it to take off and fly at 8mph into a house, without any input on the right stick at all ?

Not according to the data. There are no errors whatsoever.

So this would cause it to take off and fly at 8mph into a house, without any input on the right stick at all ?
According to GE you were above the house roof and not to the side is this correct?

According to GE you were above the house roof and not to the side is this correct?
I was standing beside the drone about 6 feet away from it, at the side of the house with a direct line of sight on the drone

Pressed auto-takeoff and then increased altitude on the left stick

The drone then suddenly leaned forward at speed and hit just below the roof of the house

Then i tried to pull it back away from the house (this is the first time I touched the right stick)

Then it flew in the opposite direction extremely fast (39mph) and crash into the field behind the house

I was standing beside the drone about 6 feet away from it, at the side of the house with a direct line of sight on the drone

Pressed auto-takeoff and then increased altitude on the left stick

The drone then suddenly leaned forward at speed and hit just below the roof of the house

Then i tried to pull it back away from the house (this is the first time I touched the right stick)

Then it flew in the opposite direction extremely fast (39mph) and crash into the field behind the house

You did not mention if this was the new firmware update as I made a few posts about it being a little bit unstable and prone to atti mode. ?

I am beginning to think that this is a "prop wash" backlash from the house. I see no definative hard impact, but your controls after the fact are the reason for the high speed run in to the field. There was a very slight and I mean very slight drift where the impact should have been. Prop wash can cause that.

All batteries and firmware up to dates at time of flying

So that could explain it for me as this last update needs some caution as I am no longer able to fly in the house without the drone going into atti mode.
Interesting but I expected a few fly aways so this makes sense .

So that could explain it for me as this last update needs some caution as I am no longer able to fly in the house without the drone going into atti mode.
Flying indoors is always an issue with ATTI mode. No matter what aircraft it is. Sometimes you can, other times you cant. It is all related to GPS reception and what the IMU and FC calculates as "Positive Positioning".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake