DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI FPV

Good tutorial.
Hopefully you had the spotter as required by FAA when you flew with your goggles.... and this is someone else’s product as only vendors can advertise here.

I did have a spotter, and the orange wrap on my drone actually extends the VLOS for flying in general. I am not sure I understand what you mean about advertising. The "SYSTEM $150" is just a description. I am not a vendor advertising a combo for the Mavic Mini or for DJI, just showing a system that works for FPV flying.

Reactions: Thomas B
The response on this post or shall I say against the OP, seems a little harsh. He does mention having a spotter and I don't see any big giant obvious advertisements for this product he is obviously not the manufacturer. I think it was just a helpful tutorial to show that you could possibly do that!
Maybe I'm just cranky today but it seems that some are trying to instill fear In putting a simple post out there these days.

Very interesting...thanks for the info! That's certainly one way to avoid sunlight washing out the tablet display!

The response on this post or shall I say against the OP, seems a little harsh. He does mention having a spotter and I don't see any big giant obvious advertisements for this product he is obviously not the manufacturer. I think it was just a helpful tutorial to show that you could possibly do that!
Maybe I'm just cranky today but it seems that some are trying to instill fear In putting a simple post out there these days.
You are! .... as are we all these days. ;)

Nice, there had to be a simple way for the Mini to work with FPV goggles.
I use similar cable connection for my Spark drone and DJI RE goggles.

The Yuneec Skyview goggles are interesting, those ones in your YT link are refurb for US$50, even the Yuneec site shows them for a mere 80 euro / US$88 / AUD$136.
Specs might be lower than DJI goggles but probably fine for flying.
What's your range on them, done a test on it ?

@MAvic_South_Oz
I haven't done a range test yet, good idea for a video! The Skyview goggles are 720p. What type of connection do you have for the Spark and DJI RE goggles? I don't have those goggles but I think there would be a way to connect them to the Mini.

Look forward to you testing range, with a mini it should be suitably comparable I guess.

I use a simple micro USB adapter from controller, and could just have micro USB at goggles, but just used a USB-a there with an adapter to the micro port.

This is great ! I was looking for a cheap 10 inch tablet that would work with the mini. Thanks

Reactions: 1212121
First of all I loved your tutorial, BUT, I checked all your sources and the end line is quite a bit higher than you quoted, I don't know when you bought your stuff but I would guess you caused a supply and demand situation. The Winnovo went up $10 (not bad), the HDMI adapter only went up $1, the Hanatora holder is not available it is not the Tech Fection which is $4 more, but the big one is the FPV goggles are now $89.99. Still a good deal .

First of all I loved your tutorial, BUT, I checked all your sources and the end line is quite a bit higher than you quoted, I don't know when you bought your stuff but I would guess you caused a supply and demand situation. The Winnovo went up $10 (not bad), the HDMI adapter only went up $1, the Hanatora holder is not available it is not the Tech Fection which is $4 more, but the big one is the FPV goggles are now $89.99. Still a good deal .

Wow, yea thanks for letting me know! I think I did cause a supply and demand issue. I have updated the links.

Reactions: Smalls
This is also a solution to fly the Mavic Mini with the DJI Goggles. As this DJI Support video states at time 1:58,
you can connect the goggles to the phantom remote's hdmi port via hdmi cable, for example. Get the hdmi to micro-hdmi adapter in my video's description link, connect that to the hdmi cable included with the goggles. Use this cable to connect to the tablet's micro-hdmi port, and you should be set! You won't have head tracking, but you can use it like any other FPV goggles.

Reactions: Smalls
Amazon.de yesterday (4/18) had used ones for <EUR50. View attachment 98966

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest