DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini fpv....

Reactions
I fly my mini with a samsung s6edge .
I took the lightning dongle for my mini controller and Frankensteined a 4 foot micro usb cable to it.

I Have a pair of gear vr style goggles (actually american eagle branded) that i removed the partition and lenses from allowing me to us my s6 in full screen mode (not split screen fpv mode). Paired my xbox controller to the phone for control within the headset.

Soldered and reinforced my wiring connections. Its been raining all day so i have only done a test where i plugged everything in and powered up.
Not sure how well the xbox controller will controll the djifly app, but i will update after a full fpv flight.

Getting this rig to work is step one. Step two is getting djifly to work on my ocolus quest....

What transmits the control signals to the drone if you're using an xbox controller instead of the transmitter?

Reactions: AarkabbaddakraA
scro,
I'm still using the stock MMini controller to fly the drone. I'm using the xbox controller to be able to control the djifly app+touchscreen on the phone that is locked inside the goggles. Otherwise I would have to stick my finger in the goggles to change flight modes or photo setting etc...

Giuseppe99,
Indeed it is near impossible to focus on that screen at that distance.
I initially contemplated purchasing a rectangular fresnel lens , however I use + 2.75 reading glasses inside the goggles. I'm able to focus on the entire screen with great ease, and since I gutted the interior there's no issues with the glasses fitting. And there's no superfine lines from a fresnel lens.

I just got home from work and am waiting for this stupid wind to go away.

Reactions: scro
aha, now I understand. I've used a Bluetooth mouse to control my phone. You get a little arrow pointer like on any PC!

Reactions: AarkabbaddakraA
scro,
I'm still using the stock MMini controller to fly the drone. I'm using the xbox controller to be able to control the djifly app+touchscreen on the phone that is locked inside the goggles. Otherwise I would have to stick my finger in the goggles to change flight modes or photo setting etc...

Giuseppe99,
Indeed it is near impossible to focus on that screen at that distance.
I initially contemplated purchasing a rectangular fresnel lens , however I use + 2.75 reading glasses inside the goggles. I'm able to focus on the entire screen with great ease, and since I gutted the interior there's no issues with the glasses fitting. And there's no superfine lines from a fresnel lens.

I just got home from work and am waiting for this stupid wind to go away.
I wanted too to enjoy a smooth, not heart or drone breaking FPV on the MINI, observing the appropriate distancing from obstacled but after I procured an extension 4 ft cable to the RC, I am waiting for the Litchi app version of Dji Fly which supports 3D Googles which I estimate will be issued in few weeks after the released SDK. Unless DJI comes first and adds 3D support to DJI Fly.

I wanted too to enjoy a smooth, not heart or drone breaking FPV on the MINI, observing the appropriate distancing from obstacled but after I procured an extension 4 ft cable to the RC, I am waiting for the Litchi app version of Dji Fly which supports 3D Googles which I estimate will be issued in few weeks after the released SDK. Unless DJI comes first and adds 3D support to DJI Fly.
That DJI update would be GREAT!

That DJI update would be GREAT!

My rig works great for djifly and litchi, no complaints.
Litchi has 3d fpv mode available & follow me mode works very well. Haven't used any other litchi features.

Programming waypoints in Dronelink is super powerful and I honestly think my mini shoots higher quality video in Dronelink than it does in native djifly. But that might be placebo effect, who knows.

Reactions: Crystalphantom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851