DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - Fualty Remote? Faulty Phone?

BrianMc

Reactions
I fell for the craze and ordered the Mavic Mini. I got it, charged it all up, right off the bat there was firmware update which was no problem. I took off did a lap around my property and then brought it and landed. I was prompted for another firmware update but this time on the RC, a small 3.47 mb file. I click okay and got to 89% when it went kaput. Now everytime I plug the RC into my phone, my phone acts like the plug is loose going into the phone and will vibrate and charge and prompt to open DJI Fly as it should, but then immediately loose connection to the USB C port, and then immediately vibrate and charge and prompt to open, and repeat. I thought "Oh great, my phone jack is bad" so I took it all inside. I have tried my phone on several other USB C connections, charging and plugging it into the computer and it works just fine. So I thought okay, well maybe the provided USB C plug from the RC is bad. I plugged it into another Android device and the same issue occur, furthering my suspicion that the cable was bad. I phoned a friend who loaned me two different USB C Mavic controller cables and I have the same result on both devices with whichever cable I use. My next step was to uninstall the Fly app and restart the phones, and plugging the Mini and RC into the DJI Assistant to redo the firmware updates hardwired to my computer. Everything went smooth, and everything is reloaded on the phone and no change in issue. The RC connected to the DJI Assistant without issue and updated quickly, so I am not sure that the plug leaving the controller would be bad. Now that all of this has been tested to no avail, I fear the only fix for the issue is to upgrade the phone. My family currently all have LG G6 phones which work very well for us for everything and if I have to purchase a new phone just to fly the Mini then I will be returning the Mini I guess... Any ideas or have I exhausted all options?

Funny thing is, right out of the box it seemed to function properly. Then according the DJI Fly App a whopping 6 minutes is all I will get out of this little thing.

Be sure you have the latest version of the app. Be sure it is build 491 as shown in profile/settings. I believe LG is one of the makes addressed by build 491.

It is definitely the right version - DJI Fly v1.0.1(491-googleplay) . My phone is running Android 8, it seems to function on my older android tablet with version 7.1.1.. strange.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag