DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini funny above water

FlyoverDRN

Reactions
I took my MM over a small river today, and it acted funny once above water. At about 7ft above the water, it kept of wanting to go up and back. At 15ft or so, it stopped. I brought it down to 7 ft and it was fine, until it encountered some light wight water, then it did it again.
I suspect the bottom sensor to have some kind of reaction with the light reflecting on the water. Has anyone had it happening to them or has an idea of what was going on?

Reactions: Mavic Mini
I suspect the bottom sensor to have some kind of reaction with the light reflecting on the water. Has anyone had it happening to them or has an idea of what was going on?

Mavic Mini User Manual, Page 16

A42CA26A-8723-442D-B29E-CDB7DF65B902.png

Thanks iaincaradoc. I guess I need to go back to my user manual once in a while.
My next question before I do it myself, is what happen if I place tape over the Vision Sensor?

Reactions: CrazyFastFlying
Good to know it works. It reminds me of the old days of no sensors anywhere. Thank you

If you disable the downward looking sensors BE AWARE you can fly it into the ground very easily and descent speeds near the ground will be as fast as the controller is commanding etc.

If you disable the downward looking sensors BE AWARE you can fly it into the ground very easily and descent speeds near the ground will be as fast as the controller is commanding etc.
Yes, that was understood, but thanks for the reminder.

Look through the search function (magnifying glass) up top, for many posts covering mini over water. Very informative.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User