DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini generic battery

Your the beta tester , tell us how you go ?

Reactions: LankALank
Hi this is just a quick comment concerning the batteries. I took apart my battery which is not suggested but I wanted to find a cheap solution, so I took apart an extra battery for my Milwaukee cordless drill and the test was acceptable,,, same model accept it is 2000Mah. I will post the flight time when the weather gets better. A lot of times I find cordless tool batteries at the recycling centre at Home Depot and often the batteries are new but there is a problem with the electronics module but the actual batteries inside are like brand new.

Will do.it will arrive March the sixth.tell me how to test the beta.lol I’m still new to the drone data testing

This is what I meant by "beta testing" , your the first cab off the rank, no one has tried these batteries before.
The only difference is you paid for the trial

Hi this is just a quick comment concerning the batteries. I took apart my battery which is not suggested but I wanted to find a cheap solution, so I took apart an extra battery for my Milwaukee cordless drill and the test was acceptable,,, same model accept it is 2000Mah. I will post the flight time when the weather gets better. A lot of times I find cordless tool batteries at the recycling centre at Home Depot and often the batteries are new but there is a problem with the electronics module but the actual batteries inside are like brand new.

I personally would not dare to use a battery that is a different amp rating. The drone will most likely not monitor the power level correctly, and it could abruptly stop mid-air.

This has happened to me before, using bigger batteries.

This is what I meant by "beta testing" , your the first cab off the rank, no one has tried these batteries before.
The only difference is you paid for the trial

Yep, you’re the guinea pig :)

I would not risk it, especially as the MM battery has a controller chip built in which has its own firmware. This firmware has been updated already several times in the past and maybe a future firmware is not backwards compatible to the current one. So if using a 3rd party battery there is a high risk for future firmware incompatibility.

On the other hand I like the MM batteries as they are based on 18650 cells. If my batteries will ever get weak, I have the chance for refurbishing them by replacing the cells with new ones, probably with even higher capacity such as e.g. Sony Konion US18650 VTC6 which are rated for up to 30A discharge current with a nominal capacity of 3120mAh.
This is one major benefit of the MM against other drones, where you usually can just dispose defective batteries and maybe have difficulties with getting new ones in future.

Don't run too low in voltage as you don't know if it still can provide enough amperage to run the motors full thrust. Once you've tested them good running them low for a couple of times I'd say you're safe to go.
Always keep a margin... batteries are batteries. Not all are created equal but once you know how they behave they tend to remain pretty constant between runs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka