DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Gimbal 90 degrees

flyingpig

Reactions
hey, does anyone have a picture of the side of his flying MM where the gimbal is tilted to 90 degrees? In my case the gimbal does not look perfectly down at 90 degrees.

Thank you and stay safe

I see, in your photo the camera is not pointing straight down. In my video you can see the gimbal does point straight down 90°.

When the motors are not running, I can tip the Mini rearward, forcing the gimbal against its mechanical limit which pushes the camera forward. But when I bring the Mini level again, the camera resumes its initial position to again point straight down.

When the motors are running, if the Mini is tipped rearward and the gimbal comes close to the limit of its mechanical range of motion, the gimbal jumps the camera a few degrees up to avoid touching that limit. The camera then stays at that position and does not resume its initial straight down position. You can see that at 1:55 in my video.

NotVertical.jpg

That will happen in flight if you have the camera pointing straight down while stopped in a hover, then suddenly give full speed reverse stick input. Or you have the camera pointing straight down while flying forward quickly, then suddenly ask the Mini to stop. In both cases the Mini will pitch rearward bringing the gimbal near, or against, the limit of its mechanical range of motion. When that happens the gimbal noticeably jumps forward.

Are you saying your gimbal only ever rotates that far downward, and never all the way down to 90° vertical. Have you tried a gimbal calibration?

That will happen in flight if you have the camera pointing straight down while stopped in a hover, then suddenly give full speed reverse stick input. Or you have the camera pointing straight down while flying forward quickly, then suddenly ask the Mini to stop. In both cases the Mini will pitch rearward bringing the gimbal near, or against, the limit of its mechanical range of motion. When that happens the gimbal noticeably jumps forward.

Are you saying your gimbal only ever rotates that far downward, and never all the way down to 90° vertical. Have you tried a gimbal calibration?
When I saw your video for the first time, I did the tests with the engine off and was able to stretch the gimbal of my Mini beyond 90 degrees. That is 110 degrees.

In flight it never looks perfectly 90 degrees down.

I have done all kinds of calibrations in the Mini and always without error messages.

Is it normal now that she looks like this?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser