DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini gimbal/camera

hango

Reactions
My mavic mini‘s camera/gimbal always faces forward sometimes, what I mean by this is whenever I try to let the camera face down using my phone(Because the gimbal wheel wont respond whenever this happens). How do I fix this issue? There are also random times when this problem disappears too.

Try checking the response of the gimbal wheel in the controller calibration thing and perhaps extend that to ding an actula calibration.

If the gimbal doesn't respond to controller input then you need to check the gimbal connection. Its a flat connector but opening up you Mini might void warranty if you still have one but i'd check gimbal calibration before even attempting to put a screwdriver to your bird

thanks in advance for any input

The Mini 1 that I just inherited from my adult son (he bought a Mini 3) goes thru a cycling sequence at start up but gimbal doesn't respond to controller input at all. The gimbal control on screen, also no response. Otherwise flies as it should and takes pics/vid. He used it on many hikes and beach outings, no visible damage and says it wasn't crashed. getting this error code 40002 and I've tried the blower fixes etc

I'd call myself above average to advanced tinkerer-fixer with abundant tools. No problem following vids taking apart and most times fixing things like Nintendo controller, tiny flat cables etc.

This will probably become my next obsession, I want to become a Mavic Pilot at least be able to fly with confidence.

1- Is the Mini a decent learning platform?
2- Is it likely I can fix this at a reasonable cost in parts and time?
4- I'm hesitant to sideload the Fly app apk for Android on my phone; thinking about buying some used phone or tablet that meets the specs, strictly for flying this. maybe around $100 or less. Dumb? Other options?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
1) in my opinion it is a decent learning platform, though that's a working one. Just remember it is not a gale fighter.
2) Though possibly possible, I think you would be lucky to fix it.
4) a separate screen device, for use with just the drone, is IMO a good idea.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
1) in my opinion it is a decent learning platform, though that's a working one. Just remember it is note a gale fighter.
2) Though possibly possible, I think you would be lucky to fix it.
4) a separate screen device, for use with just the drone, is IMO a good idea.
thank you!
I think before further research and before I open her up I'll use it just to get used to flying controls.

I found a Samsung J7 Prime in our graveyard of family phones, I thought it met the specs but the apk won't install. Can't find solid info whether it's 64 bit. next up is an iPhone 7 one of my kids had, though I've never used an iphone before

Regarding the J7 you may have to authorise the phone to instal the app, with my 'phone' it is a valid for one time only authorisation so no threat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada