DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini gimbal problem

gleavitt513

Reactions
Had an accident with my mavic mini. 2nd time something bad has happened to it since i got it last july. Anyways, there is a problem with the gimbal. When I turn the drone on, the gimbal goes through its normal diagnostic start-up procedure (rolling back and forth to check gimbal motors) but after it turns on all the way, the gimbal goes completely limp and will not stabilize at all. was working fine until the incident. There is nothing blocking the gimbal or dust in the motors as it rotates freely when off, im just confused why this happened. I have a suspicion that one of the ribbon cables inside is broken-comeoff but i dont trust myself to open it up. Really hope i can get this fixed and not pay a big price by sending it to DJI.

DJI repair prices seem quite reasonable but whether or not they will be large to you is a different matter. Especially at age 13. Good luck.

DJI repair prices seem quite reasonable but whether or not they will be large to you is a different matter. Especially at age 13. Good luck.
Yeah, thats's one of the reasons I don't want to get into the DJI mess. At my age, it's going to be hard to do it. Do you think there is a possible fix/cause?

Yeah, thats's one of the reasons I don't want to get into the DJI mess. At my age, it's going to be hard to do it. Do you think there is a possible fix/cause?
There obviously is a fix............but the problem is that YOUR ONLY WAY of finding out what is wrong is to buy a part, fit it and see if the problem is fixed.
If it is, then great, you got lucky.
Bear in mind that if you are at all hamfisted or not very careful or easily frustrated, then you could very well break something else whilst dismantling or reassembling the drone.

If the problem is not fixed by your 'nth' replacement part then you are back to square one i.e. buying another part etc. etc. ad infinitum. Besides parts are probably only available second hand or as pattern parts and how do you know that they are good parts?
Other than batteries and props, DJI DO NOT, as far as I know, sell parts to the general public.

It could work out more expensive using the "buy and test" process than sending the drone into DJI.

In addition, if it comes down to something in the gimbal or camera, other than perhaps wiring, then you are faced with having to match the gimbal/camera assembly to the remainder of the drone via downloaded software and python commands.

If the drone was new in July then a DIY fix, where you open the drone, will void the warranty.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was hoping to find a simple solution, but what can i expect when it comes to DJI drones, which are very complex machines. I guess my only option is to send it dji. I really don't trust myself to open it up, as I feel I would make things worse. Thanks for your help though! 👍

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys