DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Gimbal problem?

flyingpig

Reactions
Hello,
I am very happy with my Mavic Mini and recently I took pictures of a soccer field. Although I set the gimbal to 90 degrees down and checked it several times, it looks like it is not exactly 90 degrees down. Is this normal because of the wide angle or is the gimbal broken? So far I have not had any problems but I have never photographed such straight geometric shapes.
Thanks in advance.
Greetings Marcus

here the picture:
E83CEC3A-0307-425E-B97F-BBBE688CB7E2.jpeg

The 90 degrees would be relative to the body, but it could be the Mini is tilting to compensate for wind.
Thanks for the quick answer! I also took this picture a second time, at different heights and there was little wind on both days. That makes me a little insecure. Since the result is the same.
I have also looked at the drone when it is in the air and I go to 90 degrees the camera is not perfectly tilted downwards, it feels like 3% is missing.

Thanks for the quick answer! I also took this picture a second time, at different heights and there was little wind on both days. That makes me a little insecure. Since the result is the same.
I have also looked at the drone when it is in the air and I go to 90 degrees the camera is not perfectly tilted downwards, it feels like 3% is missing.
To verify, you could turn on the grid lines that mark the center, then shoot a video as you rotate 360 degrees. If the drone is tilting, the mark should more or less stay over the same point, but if the gimbal is tilting, the mark will trace a circle on the ground.

To verify, you could turn on the grid lines that mark the center, then shoot a video as you rotate 360 degrees. If the drone is tilting, the mark should more or less stay over the same point, but if the gimbal is tilting, the mark will trace a circle on the ground.
Ok, i will try this! thank you!

Actually, I may have shot from the hip -- this may not be the explanation, anyway, if the gimbal tilt is being adjusted to try to maintain a given angle to the horizon, regardless of tilt. But I'd try the experiment anyway, to see how far off it is.
i just tried this one shown here in the video and the gimbal works just like in the video. So it goes beyond 90 degrees. the mechanical range reaches mine as well.
Video Gimbal

Reactions: RogerDH
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird