DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini gimbal protector

Put your Mavic Mini away in its case or safely on a flat surface somewhere. Just not having the gimbal protector attached isn't going to damage the gimbal.

Now, if you're traveling with your Mavic Mini and the camera is bouncing all around while the Mavic Mini is powered off... well, that could be a problem.

Reactions: LankALank
Lost gimbal protector.what can I do or use until I can get another one off amazon.Any suggestions
As msinger said and if I remember correctly you won’t be traveling for a bit will you. ?

Lost gimbal protector.what can I do or use until I can get another one off amazon.Any suggestions
3 year now never used a gimbal protector ever. But there our dozen of members who have forgotten to take them off and messed there drone up.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in the Rain.

A lot of people believe that (not sure why), but it's not actually the case. Check out my poll here:

I have seen quite a few post with Gimbal Over load warning and the next thing that happens you realize you weakened the ribbon after two or three times and than its torn.

You might get away with it once , but seeing as how succeptible the Gimbal our to ribbon tears its not recommended.

What you might mean is people learn really quick not to leave it the gimbal lock on.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

So u think it will be ok just as long as I’m carful how I place the mavic mini in certain places

Yes I just leave mine in the trunk and the motorcycle hatch, no case at all.
Never had any issues with it thus far .. You should be fine without it for awhile. .

As msinger said and if I remember correctly you won’t be traveling for a bit will you. ?
Nope no traveling.just programming and meetings all day.lol

What you might mean is people learn really quick not to leave it the gimbal lock on
Check out the poll I linked above. It's really a non-issue. These gimbals seem to be more durable than most people think.

Even though, one should always attach the gimbal lock before traveling. It's a good practice.

You can purchase a replacement gimbal lock\cover off ebay or amazon for a few dollars...

there is one on amazon that has an integrated prop holder too, look for RCGeek Mavic Mini Gimbal Holder Camera Lens Cover Transport Lens Cap with Propellers Guard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S