DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini - gimbal stability in gusty conditions

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

I recorded a quick video showing how well video gimbal works in windy conditions, this bird is super steady. You could literally use this as a camera tripod when recording.

Risk is probably the correct word here.
Very close to double what the manual states as acceptable on wind speed.
Not something that I would have considered trying. The op must have some flying skills that I don’t have. Eight meters per second converts to 28.8km/h or 17.9mphA5067643-80CB-4574-A096-8BF66462CF61.png

I don't know about being an steady as a tripod. When looking at my M2 recordings at high speed, I can detect drift. It's slight and not usually noticeable, but there nonetheless.

I don't know about being an steady as a tripod. When looking at my M2 recordings at high speed, I can detect drift. It's slight and not usually noticeable, but there nonetheless.

Video was 8x so yes for sure you can see it here as well especially the gusts when the camera points down, but at 1x it is bearly visible especially for family group photos etc... :)

I recorded a quick video showing how well video gimbal works in windy conditions, this bird is super steady. You could literally use this as a camera tripod when recording.

If it performs this well, why do you call it "toy" at the end? I think it's a bit better than that.

If it performs this well, why do you call it "toy" at the end? I think it's a bit better than that.

it is well-performing toy :) "Performs well" in the context of toy it is incredible when you take size under consideration, but when comparing to bigger drones there is no match. MM is limited by the wind and how you fly in the stronger winds, you can "squeeze" quite a lot from it, but it is far away from bigger drones. The best testament to that are all the flyaways that would never happen with bigger birds. Having said that I love MM.

I see it impossible to fly with a wind that exceeds the speed of the drone.. am i missing something?

I see it impossible to fly with a wind that exceeds the speed of the drone.. am i missing something?
It's basic maths..
You can't make headway with a boat with a top speed of 10 knots in a current against you of 12 knots. Same with a drone.

Reactions: Guarf
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851