DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini GPS coordinates

KPLK

Reactions
Hi!
Does anyone know how to display the drone's coordinates on the DJI Fly app?
Thanks,

It's been a subject for years now. Everyone asks for it and yet DJI still doesn't make it an option. The reason why eludes me.

If of use to the OP, I have seen GPS cordinates displayed on replays of recorded flight video. There is a thread on DJI forums, I think, that sort of deals with this.
I think one of the mods said that if the subtitle option is ON, telemetry? or perhaps GPS data, is imbedded in the video. Another post in the thread gave a link to an SRT extractor which might write the information to an SRT file.
VLC can display SRT files as subtitles.

It's obviously not live but......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scro
DJI should be releasing the SDK for the MM next month, so this should be possible with Litchi once it's updated.

Anyone know if this has been updated? I kind of want a similar capability of being able to fly to a GPS coordinate

Anyone know if this has been updated? I kind of want a similar capability of being able to fly to a GPS coordinate
Litchi works well with the Mini, it's been out of mini beta testing for a few weeks now. One of the many options it offers beyond what the DJI Fly app has is you can turn on/off a display of the mini's current GPS coordinates. Is that what you need?

Reactions: maelstrom
If of use to the OP, I have seen GPS cordinates displayed on replays of recorded flight video. There is a thread on DJI forums, I think, that sort of deals with this.
I think one of the mods said that if the subtitle option is ON, telemetry? or perhaps GPS data, is imbedded in the video. Another post in the thread gave a link to an SRT extractor which might write the information to an SRT file.
VLC can display SRT files as subtitles.

It's obviously not live but......
Hi, do you know what's the third coordinate on the str file, the two firsts are latitude and longitude but the third one?

Hi, do you know what's the third coordinate on the str file, the two firsts are latitude and longitude but the third one?
You've got me wondering too, now! Possibly altitude as measured by GPS?

edit: That 3rd number seems to typically be around 15-20, regardless of the drone's height above sea level, so perhaps it's the number of satellites it's using for its GPS fix?

Last edited:
Sorry I do not know, I do not seem to have a Mini video with an SRT but from my Phantom 3 and Mavic all the entries seem to be identified when playing using VLC.
From memory the Phantom describes height as "Barometer" and the Mavic 2 "altitude"

Here's a typical readout from a mavic mini (snipped from an image that came up in web search - not my own image):

1624537232908.png

I interpret this to be:
  • F number
  • Shutter speed
  • ISO
  • EV adjustment
  • GPS coords, including the number in question (number of satellites?)
  • Distance, presumably from launch point. Not sure if this updates when you move the home point during flight?
  • Height, presumably from launch point - again, not sure if it updates with a home point update.
  • Horizontal speed
  • Vertical speed

Last edited:
While you are flying, hit the three dots in the upper left, Safety/Find My Drone -> coordinates displayed in the lower right!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato