DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini grain/noise in the video.

MilosB

Reactions
I often have a problem with noise in video with Mavic mini. Whatever I set for exposure I have that problem. Does anyone else have this problem? How to fix it?

Thank you.

Hi,

I do not feel the same, but maybe it's depend of your expectations! Is it something that you notice especially on your video results? Or when you check other Mavic Mini video on youtube ( even at 1080 hd max) you feel the same? Do you compare with a 4k video result of a high end camera?

You can share a sample to check your video.

I've red somewhere on a forum that someone complained about video Quality, but in fact he was only using the draft video automaticaly available on the phone, but never take the real video that have to be downloaded from aircraft to phone, or copied from the SD. I'm not saying it is your case, but do you check the video from the aircraft SD card? And how is the performance of your SD card on aircraft (i thing that if SD card is not fast enought it can downgrade the video) ? did you use 2.7K 25fps or 30 fps setings for video?
Are you using "C" cinematique mode ?

Hope it help!

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, that is something I noticed on my videos. It is alway grainy. Weather I check video on SD card of the drone or I download it on my phone. It is always grainy, whatever I do. I think that performance of my SD card is decent, not sure that would be a problem, but it can be. I'm always using 2.7k 30fps and cinematic mode.

*I will post a spamle later.

Last edited:
What ISO are you shooting at? ISO’s greater than 100 are more noisy. Noise goes up pretty quickly as the ISO goes up. This is where the weakness of all the DJI sensors shows up.

I don't know why but I can't post zipped file with video. I will find another way later.
@MilosB For videos the site will not accept them directly.
Post on YouTube or similar site, make public, copy the “share” link, and post that here. Your video will appear and have a preview pic.

Reactions: WooZie
Hi, considering the downscaling of youtube, i do not consider this result as noisy nor grainy! Maybe your expectations are to high for the Mavic Mini, but i'm not sure you will found better video quality without a huge gap in price.

Ok, maybe you're right, maybe I expect too much from this drone. However, I can reduce it with Neat video.
Thank you all for your replies.

Ok, maybe you're right, maybe I expect too much from this drone. However, I can reduce it with Neat video.
Thank you all for your replies.
It's a limitation of the technology, but the 1/2.3" CMOS sensor in the Mini is pretty good. I know some DJI drones have 1" sensors, which I should expect to be better in low light. Or, you can go full frame (35mm) on the high end.

The do-it-yourself software restores DJI photos/videos lost due to deletion, corruption, virus infection, formatting and during transfer or sharing among devices/computer. Stellar Photo Recovery supports lost drone videos/photos recovery from Mini SD cards, Micro SD cards, SDHC and SDXC used in DJI drone cameras.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242