DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini- help with analysis please

Lurch003

Reactions
Hey guys

Experienced the popular motor error on the mini and noticed I'd not been as careful as I normally am putting it back in the fly more case. So as an experiment to myself more than anything, left the drone "open" (arms out) by the window for a couple of days.

Had a quick test flight with no issues so took it to the forest and gave it a good distance run on 3 batteries- absolutely no errors whatsoever. But I'd like to view the logs to see if anything is happening "under the hood" that I should be wary of.

Not had a play with the log files much before short of viewing the data on airdata so excuse my noobness, but downloaded CSVview and still none the wiser- would appreciate if anyone with skills could take 5 mins to help me out. Attached 2 logs if that helps?

TIA ;)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-25_[17-10-55].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-25_[16-39-39].txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
Hey @sar104, could I be really cheeky and ask for your help on this one?

I have tried reading through your how to's but don't seem to be able to get what your posts show- basically trying to ascertain if the rears motors are compensating since the error or if lettings the props flex back to original shape "worked" or not? Thank you ;)

Hey @sar104, could I be really cheeky and ask for your help on this one?

I have tried reading through your how to's but don't seem to be able to get what your posts show- basically trying to ascertain if the rears motors are compensating since the error or if lettings the props flex back to original shape "worked" or not? Thank you ;)

Sure - I'll take a look.

Thanks for taking a look buddy, I didn't even think to whack it in speed mode. Will try that when the wind dies down.

Am I able to get to that info without having to bother you?

It looks to be flying fine - it's achieving full specified pitch and speed in P mode. You didn't try sport mode.

View attachment 103820

Thanks for taking a look buddy, I didn't even think to whack it in speed mode. Will try that when the wind dies down.

Am I able to get to that info without having to bother you?

You can check the log in CsvView, but it's the work of a moment to take a look if you post the log here.

Reactions: Prismatic
Managed to get out for a fly last night and gave it a good test in S mode, was pretty gusty too and l'il Buzz performed superbly!

Hopefully the data is just as positive!

Thanks again for looking @sar104 ;)

Attachments

• 20-06-09-05-59-42_FLY041.DAT
    5.2 MB · Views: 9
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-09_[17-59-53].txt
    1 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
hey @sar104 , sorry to keep on but could you take a look at the records for me? All in S mode as advised
Thanks again mate ;)

Reactions: sar104
hey @sar104 , sorry to keep on but could you take a look at the records for me? All in S mode as advised
Thanks again mate ;)

The aircraft was attaining specified pitch in response to stick inputs, which is good:

pitch.png

The achieved speeds are rather low however because this test was conducted into a fairly stiff headwind.

The left rear motor is still running fast - faster than the right despite the fact that the aircraft is rolled left:

motors.png

attitude.png

Yeah I picked a nice windy day to test it! Thanks ever so much buddy, that's very useful info ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent