DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini Image quality problem,Camera faulty?

Hugo Torre

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the image of the mavic mini. I tried to fly at different hours of light and the image still has a flickering on rooftops, edges .. etc

I tried all export settings and still "flickering", only when I export in 720p,almost disappears but hasn´t definition.

does anyone know how to fix it?. Is not my first drone i have Dji phantom 2 and Dji Mavic 2 Pro.

I have observed that when the drone is still it looks perfect the problem starts when the drone moves from one side to the other or forward.

The raw content from the sd card already presents these lines on the image.When I play the video on my computer also,you can see that line or flicker.

When I watch the exported video with final cut pro x on my iphone, it looks perfect there are no lines .. but if I upload it to youtube, vimeo,instagram or the lines or the flickering on roofs or metal elements reappears .. I tried everything And I don't understand why it happens.

I leave you an example video. Look at the church wall, the effect it does ... I don't understand why it happens....

Thank you
Hugo

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the image of the mavic mini. I tried to fly at different hours of light and the image still has a flickering on rooftops, edges .. etc

I tried all export settings and still "flickering", only when I export in 720p,almost disappears but hasn´t definition.

does anyone know how to fix it?. Is not my first drone i have Dji phantom 2 and Dji Mavic 2 Pro.

I have observed that when the drone is still it looks perfect the problem starts when the drone moves from one side to the other or forward.

The raw content from the sd card already presents these lines on the image.When I play the video on my computer also,you can see that line or flicker.

When I watch the exported video with final cut pro x on my iphone, it looks perfect there are no lines .. but if I upload it to youtube, vimeo,instagram or the lines or the flickering on roofs or metal elements reappears .. I tried everything And I don't understand why it happens.

I leave you an example video. Look at the church wall, the effect it does ... I don't understand why it happens....

Thank you
Hugo
You should research Morie patterns.
I doubt there’s anything wrong with the camera.
I don’t see them playing the video on my iPhone

If you could watch on a computer or using your iphone putting on 1080P in youtube you should appreciate that.

Thanks!

P.D: I´ve been trying GAUSSIAN effect in final cut pro X, and them it is reduce the " flicker". Im not sure if this is the solution.

Yes I can see it on the mac. For sure it's Morie patterns. I don't know a quick fix or if there even is a fix other that to use a slow shutter speed to get a bit of motion blur but I don't know for a fact that will fix it.

There was a really good thread on Moire effect a short while ago.
A quick search finds quite a few to read through.

I believe I saw a post in that one thread I recall, where there is some adjustment in one of the editing programmes to correct this.
But I feel getting the shutter / frame rate might be best, along with slowing things down a bit when filming such features (flight speed, yaw, gimbal movement etc).

The rule I heard was shutter speed = 2 * fps.
So if you are shooting at 30fps you would go for 1/60 shutter speed. That's to get a slight blur don't know if it will solve your problem but it is worth a try.

The rule I heard was shutter speed = 2 * fps.
So if you are shooting at 30fps you would go for 1/60 shutter speed. That's to get a slight blur don't know if it will solve your problem but it is worth a try.

That's it, or 24fps, 1/50.

Oh, maybe go to this thread and delete that reply, you somehow posted this thread first reply in there !! :)

That's it, or 24fps, 1/50.

Oh, maybe go to this thread and delete that reply, you somehow posted this thread first reply in there !! :)

Sorry mac was acting up had to restart. Perhaps I did that on the wrong thread just before the restart.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Hi everyone,

The shutter speed can´t be set on the mavic mini.

I have tested with pluggins/effects of the editing program and using the effect "GAUSSIAN" as unsharpen and applying 1% is significantly reduced.

Thank you for your help and time.

Greetings
Hugo

Ah sure Gugo, that would apply for photo setting, not much you can do there without changing ISO (at least I HOPE you can change that for photos on the mini ???).

With video, you can alter the shutter to frame rate with ND filters.
This is how I have to do it with the M1P, so I can keep my ISO to 100 (or have to go to 200 rarely).

There should be decent filters out for the mini now, haven't heard much feedback regarding this, so might be worth a search if you are interested.

Ah sure Gugo, that would apply for photo setting, not much you can do there without changing ISO (at least I HOPE you can change that for photos on the mini ???).

This is how I have to do it with the M1P, so I can keep my ISO to 100 (or have to go to 200 rarely).

There should be decent filters out for the mini now, haven't heard much feedback regarding this, so might be worth a search if you are interested.

Hi MAvic_South_Oz,

Mavic mini allows you to change the camera settings to take pictures but not in video mode.

I also believe that the use of ND filters is the only way to achieve even greater image quality ,reducing "MOIRÉ EFFECT"

thanks for the reply
Hugo

Hi everyone,

I have tested with pluggins/effects of the editing program and using the effect "GAUSSIAN" as unsharpen and applying 1% is significantly reduced.

Thank you for your help and time.

Greetings
Hugo
I did not know that. Can you tell what the shutter speed is Video mode? I mean does it display the shutter speed in video mode?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada