DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini image/video image timestamp.

TriadX1

Reactions
I have noticed that the timestamps on the images/videos produced by the Mvic Mini are off (-6 hours). I am assuming it is saving them with GMT since I am in central time zone which is -6 hours from GMT. Can this be adjusted? This causes issues with having apps like Airdata UAV auto mapping the images to flight paths etc. Also just hate seeing times that are not accurate in file explorers. I have searched all over and have not seen mention of this in relation to the Mini... Is it just mine?

I have noticed that the timestamps on the images/videos produced by the Mvic Mini are off (-6 hours). I am assuming it is saving them with GMT since I am in central time zone which is -6 hours from GMT. Can this be adjusted? This causes issues with having apps like Airdata UAV auto mapping the images to flight paths etc. Also just hate seeing times that are not accurate in file explorers. I have searched all over and have not seen mention of this in relation to the Mini... Is it just mine?
I have no idea about the mini but my first reaction would be to spend some time looking at the settings. It's got to be there somewhere in the video settings, or a time-clock in the settings.

I have no idea about the mini but my first reaction would be to spend some time looking at the settings. It's got to be there somewhere in the video settings, or a time-clock in the settings.
Thanks. I have thoroughly combed through the settings in the DJI Fly app, and there does not seem to be any settings related to time or filenames etc. I am one of those people that have to know what every setting is and does, so at this point I am pretty sure it is not there. But, I have seen apps that hide a setting like that. Just seems odd to me that they would not allow you to specify your local timezone or have it sync from the phone or tablet you have connected...

I just decided to Google this and I typed in the following search question. "dji mavic pro timestamp". I got several interesting threads you might want to pursue them. A time stamp might be in the EXIF data (the sidecar file that goes along with the image) or it might be in the phone or iPad settings of the drone were attached to either of those.

Thanks Dale. I had also Googled it (I used "dji mavic mini timestamp" versus "dji mavic pro timestamp" as it is a mavic mini. It came back with zero results in quotes. The exif data is metadata stored in the jpeg file itself and I do have an editor that I can edit it, but that just seems like a pain to have to do that for every photo. Oh, well I will do that until DJI corrects the issue. I'd just like to know if anyone else is experiencing it or if it is just mine...

Thanks again for your assistance Dale!

Thanks Dale. I had also Googled it (I used "dji mavic mini timestamp" versus "dji mavic pro timestamp" as it is a mavic mini. It came back with zero results in quotes. The exif data is metadata stored in the jpeg file itself and I do have an editor that I can edit it, but that just seems like a pain to have to do that for every photo. Oh, well I will do that until DJI corrects the issue. I'd just like to know if anyone else is experiencing it or if it is just mine...

Thanks again for your assistance Dale!
If you have PHOTOSHOP AND OPEN ANY IMAGE IN ACR (ADOBE CAMERA RAW) YOU WILL SEE THE EXIF DATA. I'm not sure about video.

I did find something interesting. In looking at the exif metadata, the created date and digitized date are being captured correctly. it is the modified date/time that is being set at GMT. Windows, Chrome OS, Android, Linux etc. all show the modified date by default in their respective file explorers. The modified date (Which is a file attribute, not exif data) should be the same as the created date until the file is modified.

So this appears to be a DJI firmware issue where it is setting the modified date with GMT when the file is written to the MicroSD card. No big deal though since it *IS* capturing the created and digitized date/time correctly in exif. Most photo apps will use the exif data when searching by date etc, so I just will not worry about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60