DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini info NEEDED!

adamkiwi07

Reactions
Hi there. About to maybe get a Mavic mini and I need to get this information from pros like you guys. How does it handle windy days? Height in windy days? Fly more or original? Easy editing in app? App easy to use? Please help with any information you have : )

Hi there. About to maybe get a Mavic mini and I need to get this information from pros like you guys. How does it handle windy days? Height in windy days? Fly more or original? Easy editing in app? App easy to use? Please help with any information you have : )
The original Mini wasn't very good at dealing with wind.
The Mini 2 is much better.

I can trying flying in windy days... whenever I get the first warning I head back and land as instructed.

MM is a pocketable drone... not an Airbus A330. I use it locally and usually the wind is never a problem.

@adamkiwi07 as an owner of the MM i am very pleased with its flight performance,when i am flying in woodland or restricted areas ,it was DJI's first attempt at a small lightweight compact drone ,and as such it did have its limitations ,with regards to flying in windy conditions and going long distances ,but in over 15 months of ownership i have made over a hundred successful flights without incident ,but i dont think the cost of going for a Mini2 ,for me would be worthwhile unless i did not have my MM anymore ,as far as starting off ,then i can say in all honesty ,that the Mini2 is the way to go ,and get the combo, it does have a superior flight envelope ,plus the added benefit of Occusync

I don't know if I'd use Meta4's words "not very good". It's not an M2, but my MM1 does ok in reasonable moderate wind. It may look like it's struggling but it flies fine for me, even when it warns of wind issues. If I can make decent headway with 1/4 right stick, I'm fine.
Just be careful not to put pressure on the props when packing. That's easy to do with the flymore case if you're not careful. Warped props will reduce lift which could get you in trouble when you don't expect it.

I have owned a mavic mini drone for almost a year now and have had over 843 flights with little to no problems. Though it can’t handle the high winds not to good, but it is a great drone to have starting off with and has great video and photo quality,the GPS
Is pretty good. Wether you choose the mini 1 or mini 2 drone. You won’t be too disappointed with either one. [emoji106][emoji846]

I've had my MM for several months and have had no real issues with flying it within, I feel its limits. It is a 249gm drone and not known for it stellar performance in wind or it's strong RC interface. Knowing that going in I 'm not disappointed in my purchase. If I was in the market today and wanted to buy with the same criteria in mind I would buy a MM2.

I had my mini 1 out in the bush last fall and was taking a high altitude video of my campsite when I noticed that I was starting to drift quite quickly.

After a momentary panic, I dropped my altitude to get under the winds aloft. At the same time I started scouting for landing spots downwind preparing for the worst.
I got lucky and started making headway while I was still well above the highest tree.

Now I try to stay upwind from my location and don’t fly where there is no bailout (like wind blowing offshore)

Keep watching this forum and you will find a lot of information and many “don’t do this” examples to learn from.
If you are unsure of the “advice “ given, rest assured that the folks listed as moderators have your back!

Hi there. About to maybe get a Mavic mini and I need to get this information from pros like you guys. How does it handle windy days? Height in windy days? Fly more or original? Easy editing in app? App easy to use? Please help with any information you have :

I bought a Mini 1 back in November on an impulse purchase. It was my 1st drone and the price point was great at the time ($389 with 2 batteries and the charging stand which IMO is cool but doesn’t provide any additional features since you’re still charging through the drone). It’s been a great little drone but does lack some of the features of the MM2 mainly in the camera and RC/AC range departments (I don’t own a MM2 so have no side by side comparison). I have heard that the MM2 is lighter than the MM1 which would allow for more accessories if remaining under 250g is important to you plus handles the wind a little better. I’ve flown my MM in 17mph wind without too much problem. I now also have an M2P and an M2Z for low lighting and zoom camera capabilities as well as additional stability in-flight. In short I really like the MM but do at times wish I’d given consideration to the MM2 or even MA2 if for nothing else but the camera, longer range and potentially longer flight times but at the same time wouldn’t turn away from a MM1 for a good price. Would definitely look into the fly more combo as the additional batteries and multi-charger aid in more flight time. I have all of the same accessories but paid more since I purchased individually.

If you are set on buying a Mini, buy a 2. As far as performance I have a Mini 1 and like it ok but it certainly has it limitations. If you just want to get your toes in the drone world waters, it's not a bad choice but it will make you want for more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC