DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Insurance Recommendations?

RavenManiac

Reactions
Is it better to purchase DJI Care or third-party insurance that covers both the drone and liability? Or is it better to purchase a combination of products like DJI Care and SkyWatch?

Get liability... $2.5 million included in a $70 AMA membership and $1K on the drone.

I also have DJICARE on all my drones... the one time I had to use it paid for all the drone policies and the REFRESH to make it extend for second year.

If you can swing it do both IMHO.

Reactions: JS1600
Sounds good. Thanks, Thomas.

My plan is to learn how to fly drones on my new Mavic Mini and then upgrade to a Prosumer model later (Mavic 2 Pro) once I get more proficient. Can I signup with the AMA as a private pilot and then convert to a commercial pilot later using the same membership?

Sounds good. Thanks, Thomas.

My plan is to learn how to fly drones on my new Mavic Mini and then upgrade to a Prosumer model later (Mavic 2 Pro) once I get more proficient. Can I signup with the AMA as a private pilot and then convert to a commercial pilot later using the same membership?
Dunno... didn’t realize they had two categories with different insurance.

SkyWatch is expensive.
They will not let you do just a damage policy and they will not let you go under 1 million liability coverage with drone damage policy.
My coverage would be $79/mo for 2x Mavic Air and a Mavic Mini.

Some have voiced there is a State Farm insurance on Personal Property out there.
Like $60/year per device to cover the drone if lost, damaged or destroyed.

I wish I could take part in that but my local money grubbing agent will not underwrite the policy unless I wrap it up in a homeowner's policy because everything is valued so very high here.
2br 1bth 900SqFt is over 500K here

For hobbyist drone pilots, State Farm Personal Articals Policy is the best option that I have come across. This will cover your drone and many other electronics or cameras for lost, theft, damage, fly aways, ect. I have 2 drones, a gopro, an Ipad pro all covered on the one policy for $60 a year. For liability coverage, if you have a homeowners policy, there's a solid chance that you're covered under the liability portion of that policy while flying as a hobby. Call your agent about that potential. Commercial coverage for both physical damage and liability is an whole different conversation and you would need to discuss these options with a commercial agent.

For hobbyist drone pilots, State Farm Personal Articals Policy is the best option that I have come across. This will cover your drone and many other electronics or cameras for lost, theft, damage, fly aways, ect. I have 2 drones, a gopro, an Ipad pro all covered on the one policy for $60 a year. For liability coverage, if you have a homeowners policy, there's a solid chance that you're covered under the liability portion of that policy while flying as a hobby. Call your agent about that potential. Commercial coverage for both physical damage and liability is an whole different conversation and you would need to discuss these options with a commercial agent.

Not in Fredericksburg, Texas
They will not insure you with Personal Articles Policy unless you add in the home owner's insurance.

Not in Fredericksburg, Texas
They will not insure you with Personal Articles Policy unless you add in the home owner's insurance.
Different agents have different underwriting desires. Check with other agents in your state if you haven't already.

Different agents have different underwriting desires. Check with other agents in your state if you haven't already.

Pretty much the same in a 4 county area.
Knock on wood, I have not crashed since Dec 30, 2018 so really do not care what they want.

Reactions: kjcbid54
SkyWatch is expensive.
They will not let you do just a damage policy and they will not let you go under 1 million liability coverage with drone damage policy.
My coverage would be $79/mo for 2x Mavic Air and a Mavic Mini.

Some have voiced there is a State Farm insurance on Personal Property out there.
Like $60/year per device to cover the drone if lost, damaged or destroyed.

I wish I could take part in that but my local money grubbing agent will not underwrite the policy unless I wrap it up in a homeowner's policy because everything is valued so very high here.
2br 1bth 900SqFt is over 500K here

Hi there,

Our monthly coverage plan is designed to provide both liability and hull insurance. The coverage includes both recreational and commercial flights.

The monthly plan is built in order to benefit safe pilots with reduced rates based on their insurance experience with us (insured time without an incident) and their flight performance (through shared flight data). This means that your premiums can decrease by up to 50% as you fly safely over time.

I'd be happy to provide a detailed quote for your drones with a projection of your rates over time.
Feel free to reach out at [email protected]

Ilan

I have State Farm insurance on Personal Property.
$60/year per to cover the drone if lost, damaged or destroyed. SWEET!

Did you see I said LOST? .... For DJI Care, you need to send the drone back. You can't if it is lost... Just saying... State Farm is the way to go if you can!

I have State Farm insurance on Personal Property.
$60/year per to cover the drone if lost, damaged or destroyed. SWEET!

Did you see I said LOST? .... For DJI Care, you need to send the drone back. You can't if it is lost... Just saying... State Farm is the way to go if you can!
Do you need State Farm homeowners as well to get the drone coverage?

Do you need State Farm homeowners as well to get the drone coverage?

In my neck of the woods, yes.
But most are stand-alone policies.
We just have high property value here that my agent wants a cut.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929