DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - iPhone or Android

Aatos

Reactions
Hello all. I just purchased a Mavic Mini and did not open the package when I read that it is for an iPhone. I have an Android phone and use a PC. Are there different versions of the drone?

Reactions: metalman0203
There are different versions of the Mavic Mini for different geographies based on frequency usage regulations but not on device operating system type.

DJI always use more prominent Apple compatible branding on their boxes, but the DJI Fly app available in the Google Play store works on 64bit android phones and some tablets.

1598062793349.png

Last edited:
“Made for iPhone” is only a label indicating there is compatibility with Apple products. Just get a compatible Android phone if that’s what you want to use. Either will work.

Reactions: Meta4
Hello all. I just purchased a Mavic Mini and did not open the package when I read that it is for an iPhone. I have an Android phone and use a PC. Are there different versions of the drone?
The package says "Made for iPhone"

There are different versions of the Mavic Mini for different geographies based on frequency usage regulations but not on device operating system type.

DJI always use more prominent Apple compatible branding on their boxes, but the DJI Fly app available in the Google Play store works on 64bit android phones and some tablets.

View attachment 111228
Thank you. Now I can open the package and start having some fun.

“Made for iPhone” is only a label indicating there is compatibility with Apple products. Just get a compatible Android phone if that’s what you want to use. Either will work.
Thank you. Already have the phone.

The package says "Made for iPhone"

Believe us there is no "Made for Android" version.
The DJI Fly app which allows you to fly the Mavic Mini has two versions, one for Apple devices and one for Android devices.

Believe us there is no "Made for Android" version.
The DJI Fly app which allows you to fly the Mavic Mini has two versions, one for Apple devices and one for Android devices.

Perfect

Reactions: Thomas B
however it is not compatible with many android devices that certainly would be able to run the app .. if u can download it in play store should have no problem
The Fly app is a 64 bit app unlike previous DJI apps.
It isn't compatible with 32 bit Android phones and it won't run on them.

Yeah that is what I meant but in sure it could fly the mini fine if they made it 32 I was just saying that alot of android devices cant run it but I think it won’t show up on the playstore so if it does u should be ok

DJI always use more prominent Apple compatible branding on their boxes
That is just MFI labeling which shows that Apple have certified that a product works with Apple devices.
It does not mean that the device works better or was made specifically for Apple products.
DJI have to pay Apple for each device sold with MFI labeling (Apple Tax).

Reactions: vetracer
That is true but i can understand why someone could potentially take it that way and isn’t it true that Apple bought dji a while ago or was it just rumours I remember reading about it... I replaced the battery in an iPhone 6s dor 40$ and use it for flying only and it has been perfect. I do prefer android as my daily device tho

isn’t it true that Apple bought dji a while ago or was it just rumours I remember reading about it...
If you read it somewhere, it was fake news.
It would have been big news if it was at all true, but there is no truth at all to it.

Reactions: Thomas B
The simplest thing to do is, via you phone, go to the google play store a see if your phone can see the App. If not then its a fair chance your phone is not compatible. From memory, excluding perhaps the Samsung S5 my incompatible devises DID NOT see the App. I can't remember if the S5 did see it but if it did it either wouldn't install or wouldn't run it.
If it sees the App try to down load and install it.
You DO NOT need to even own a drone to try that and it costs nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have some kinda relationship and there was talks about apple buying dji but I guess it didn’t happen

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut