DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC MINI JUST DROPS ALTITUDE UNCONTROLLABLBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Hey, Guys, I have had my Mavic mini for a couple of weeks now and sometimes during flights (no Wind), the drone will just drop is altitude while im not doing anything, until it reaches the point to almost crashing. What is happening?

Reactions: easyheimer
Hey, Guys, I have had my Mavic mini for a couple of weeks now and sometimes during flights (no Wind), the drone will just drop is altitude while im not doing anything, until it reaches the point to almost crashing. What is happening?

Not quite sure but I've watched a good amount of YouTube videos on this. Most of them had their Mini replaced by DJI because of a defective unit.

There have been several reports of similar incidents and quite a few Minis lost because of it.
There's a real problem that DJI hasn't got on top of yet.
Post data from your flight to confirm if yours is another one to add to the list, or of it's something else.

There have been several reports of similar incidents and quite a few Minis lost because of it.
There's a real problem that DJI hasn't got on top of yet.
Post data from your flight to confirm if yours is another one to add to the list, or of it's something else.

Reading this is going to make me hold off on getting a Mavic Mini. I keep going back and forth but these stories put me back in check.

Reading this is going to make me hold off on getting a Mavic Mini. I keep going back and forth but these stories put me back in check.
You should definitely do what u think is right, but even after these issues, I still love my mini. If you wanna see some videos with the mini go to Fisher Hirsch Photography on YouTube. This drone will be absolutely worth it if they fix their issue so maybe just hang tight for a bit.

Buy a Mavic Air. After flying 8-9 DJI drones, I am underwhelmed with the Mini.

P2, P3, P4, M1, M2p, Spark, Air, MM, & Tello.

My new avatar is the 1st and only DJI drone that required an old fashioned search party, after 8 years & 200+ flights, to locate. My wife is pretty cool :cool:

Yes, it was pilot error.

Hey all I called DJI and they are giving me a free shipping label to send it in and get it repaired. I just hope this happens quickly.

I live in the Midwest and it took 19 days to get MM back from trip to California repair center. If you get the report “no problem found” ...ask for another check. My MM is on its way back again with same original issue!

I read some post about this and some are saying its due to the firmware update for batteries? You have to update each battery with the latest firmware. I tried last night and did not see any update with each of my three batteries in. Maybe I updated them all already?

Any way to check the firmware updates for each batter? Still a new mavic mini user.

Sounds like the Go-pro Karma - Perhaps the MM is the Karma Mk2 ?

On a more serious note, its dropping altitude for either of two reasons:
1) Its getting erroneous sensor input and trying to correct accordingly (think B737/MCAS issue plaguing Boeing)
2) Aircraft is sub-coming to the basic laws of physics and no longer able to sustain lift to keep itself airborne (possible crappy props, faulty motors, insufficient power etc)

If you post the flight logs from these affected flights the folks here might be able to determine what sort of issues you're experiencing and advise accordingly.

Sounds like the Go-pro Karma - Perhaps the MM is the Karma Mk2 ?

On a more serious note, its dropping altitude for either of two reasons:
1) Its getting erroneous sensor input and trying to correct accordingly (think B737/MCAS issue plaguing Boeing)
2) Aircraft is sub-coming to the basic laws of physics and no longer able to sustain lift to keep itself airborne (possible crappy props, faulty motors, insufficient power etc)

If you post the flight logs from these affected flights the folks here might be able to determine what sort of issues you're experiencing and advise accordingly.
How do you post a flight log?

I'm not sure I buy this but quite a few people have said replacing the props solved the problem for them. I haven't run into the problem myself but it's winter here and it's mostly been either too cold or too windy so I haven't had much opportunity to fly it yet since I got it.

If you got the Flymore combo, it includes a full replacement set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123