DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini lens hood opinions ?

Coco 60

Reactions
Just received my MM (Sunnylife) lens hood in the mail from Amazon after waiting almost four months !! Had anyone tested it? I installed mine on my mini and noticed that the hood only protrudes out half a centimeter (an eight of an inch) relatives to the lens!! :confused: If the sun is at 90 degrees sideways or on top to the lens the hood will block the sun but at less than 80 degrees i suspect it will be useless ! I got a feeling it's gonna be more of a wind catcher than a sun blocker. Your thoughts...B0005360-2.jpg

You're also right ATP about the protection, but i am more concerned that the manufacturer has designed a useless lens hood and i got ripped off !! :mad:

I have one on order, but it hasn't arrived. It's only been a month, so it may be a while. I had the same concerns as you before I ordered it, but took a chance. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be disappointed.

Don't know if different brands have different lens hood models ? But these hoods are pretty cheap so we're not loosing an awful lot of money if they don't do the job!

Reactions: LifesShort
I guess if it extended further it would block the 83 degree field of view (24mm in DSLR) and be seen in the image.
24mm is pretty wide

Just received my MM (Sunnylife) lens hood in the mail from Amazon after waiting almost four months !! Had anyone tested it? I installed mine on my mini and noticed that the hood only protrudes out half a centimeter (an eight of an inch) relatives to the lens!! :confused: If the sun is at 90 degrees sideways or on top to the lens the hood will block the sun but at less than 80 degrees i suspect it will be useless ! I got a feeling it's gonna be more of a wind catcher than a sun blocker. Your thoughts...
Hi coco60
I built my own lens hood and it works fine because it protrudes out 2,5centimeter and that´s enough to avoid that the sun shines on the lens in most situations, except of course when the altitude of the sun is low!
Cheers Paul
look here:

Reactions: Droniac
Just received my MM (Sunnylife) lens hood in the mail from Amazon after waiting almost four months !! Had anyone tested it? I installed mine on my mini and noticed that the hood only protrudes out half a centimeter (an eight of an inch) relatives to the lens!! :confused: If the sun is at 90 degrees sideways or on top to the lens the hood will block the sun but at less than 80 degrees i suspect it will be useless ! I got a feeling it's gonna be more of a wind catcher than a sun blocker. Your thoughts...View attachment 109744

I have tried several lens covers for my MM. The one I like is this one as it is neater than the other types and does not catch the wind so much. I use it because I fly a lot in the evenings when the sun is low in the sky. €3.88 10% de DESCUENTO|Cubierta protectora antideslumbrante para DJI Mavic, Mini, accesorios|Kits de accesorios de dron| - AliExpress

Reactions: Droniac
I have that lens hood on 2 different mini's and order another one because I lost one in a crash. They work ok for sun shade but do provide substantial gimbal protection so I always use mine. Very happy with them and they are very cheap but yes you have to wait a long time to get one so order 2 just in case.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme