DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini lost GPS signal

MissJ

Reactions
Yesterday I flew my mini, before I flew I checked that there was sufficient GPS (14). A few minutes in to the flight I got "Aircraft signal interference" and then I was getting strong wind warnings. I tried my best to bring it home, lowering altitude as the warning suggested. At one point I lost contact, it said it went in to ATTI mode, but I was no able to control it at all. It did mention adjusting the antenna, which I did. The next thing I knew, it brought up "Find My Drone" and I was able to locate it about 400 ft away in the hands of couple who said it had crashed in to their house....They were not at all happy, as you can imagine. I feel awful, and I was just getting to the point where I felt really confident about my skill. No I am almost ready to throw in the towel! When I looked at the alight on Air Data, it shows 100% radio signal throughout the entire flight and 12=14 satellites.

Is this what you need?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-05_[16-40-50].txt
    200 KB · Views: 29
Is this the flight mentioned ? the data ended when the drone was still over the water. There has not been any strong wing warning and the craft has not entered into ATTI mode :

1599434446534.png

Yes, that is the flight. It ended up (on its own) about 400 ft south of the home point.

Yes, that is the flight. It ended up (on its own) about 400 ft south of the home point.
I also have the video file that shows it being picked up by the people whose house it flew in to.

The DJI FLY app shows that the drone returned to the shore at the end but in the flight log, the telemetry data stopped over the water. There may be other .TXT files. May be you can check

This is how the flight appears in my DJI Fly App.....
But the flight record you posted ends with the drone still >2000 ft away and looks like this:

The signal interference would have come from the residential area close by and is to be expected.
The drone's path shown in post #7 is not a straight line, so it's an actual flight and the data exists somewhere.
If we could see that data, we'd be able to tell a lot more.

The drone never lost GPS during the flight.
The loss of GPS message refers to the drone at the end of the flight when it was upside down or under cover etc.

Last edited:
This is how the flight appears in my DJI Fly App.....View attachment 112544
If you can't find another .TXT log covering the return flight ... a couple more options remain. The mobile device DAT log or the Aircraft DAT log might still be there ... if retrievable, they will possibly give us the whole flight.

Here below I've specified how to retrieve the Mini's 3 different log types directly from the source ... without going over any web service like Airdata.com. You should be able to attach both the mobile device .TXT & .DAT logs directly here in a new post ... the Aircraft DAT log stored on the removable SD card on the other hand, is very large & will need you to use a cloud storage service & then post a link to the file here in a new post.

Mobile device DJI TXT logs
With iOS devices you need to access the app files via computer, either using iTunes or with a file system browser such as iExplorer. The TXT logs are in DJI Fly » FlightRecords, or using the iOS Files app by selecting Browse » On My iPhone » DJI Fly » FlightRecords or directly in the iOS "Files" app.

With Android devices the file system should mount when plugged into a Windows machine, or via various software options on a Mac. With DJI Fly they are in DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord.

Mobile device DAT logs
These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. ( Disclaimer ... the DJI Fly app deletes the DAT files if and when it syncs flight records with the DJI servers, and so they are often missing from the MCDatFlightRecords folder).

Aircraft DAT logs
The Mavic Mini maintains the most recent DAT file named fc_log.log on the removable SD card in hidden folder: MISC » LOG » flylog.

Reactions: hiflyer201
In iTunes, I can navigate to the DJI Fly » FlightRecords, but unable to open it. It has 76mb.

The attached are the ones i found on my phone.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-05_[16-40-50].txt
    200 KB · Views: 6
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-09-05_[16-40-49].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
There was nothing abnormal. You just flew it into the couple's house and GPS signal was lost consequently. Throughout the return trip the drone was flown backward so you were unable to see where the drone was going.

In iTunes, I can navigate to the DJI Fly » FlightRecords, but unable to open it. It has 76mb.

The attached are the ones i found on my phone.
Yeah ... the log ending with 49 is the one.

But this wasn't anything than a pilot error ... I mean you flew out over the bay front side first, took a bunch of pics of the opposite beach then you flew backwards the whole way back to where you came from ... like flying blindfolded as you didn't rotate to the direction you were flying. This made you end up further south ... & the last low GPS error was when you hit the house & the AC lost sight of the sky.

Think your confidence will be much higher if you look in the same direction as you fly ...

1599495946694.png

Last edited:
Oh wow! So long as nobody got hurt, main thing is you got the drone back ?

Thank you so much. Lesson learned. I actually feel better that it was pilot error LOL

Reactions: s1ng0
I can understand the OP‘s desire to fly backwards, especially as a new pilot. The drone response is the same as stick movement unlike when the drone Is facing you. From personal experience I can tell you that is a very bad habit to get into.

Reactions: MissJ
I can understand the OP‘s desire to fly backwards, especially as a new pilot. The drone response is the same as stick movement unlike when the drone Is facing you. From personal experience I can tell you that is a very bad habit to get into.

But the drone was some 600 meters away .....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7