DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini manual ?

MAvic_South_Oz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Was looking for the Mavic Mini manual online last night, to see if it had a feature . . . couldn't find it on the usual spot they put pdf manuals on the DJI website (under each product specifications page, with links to manuals)

Anyone found a link, apart form the quick start guide ?

probably will not appear until official launch day 11-11-19

Reactions: Thomas B
Was looking for the Mavic Mini manual online last night, to see if it had a feature . . . couldn't find it on the usual spot they put pdf manuals on the DJI website (under each product specifications page, with links to manuals)

Anyone found a link, apart form the quick start guide ?
Nope... liked several ways on several occasions.

Nope... liked several ways on several occasions.

Yeah, disappointing that.
A full manual should be there so people can find some (not all) of the little details not seen on reviews etc.

I was keen to find out if the MM had the option to hover if wifi signal is lost.
Think it was once an option on the Spark, but that has been removed in past updates, maybe earlier this year I have found.

If the MM doesn't have that option, then I will probably not take it on.
As with the Spark, the MM will be good to film in tight places, indoors (old buildings / warehouses etc), low in forests under tree canopy, and such.

If the only option is RTH like the Spark now, then obviously the risks of some sort of disconnection are high with it rising into a structure or tree canopy.

Yeah, disappointing that.
A full manual should be there so people can find some (not all) of the little details not seen on reviews etc.

I was keen to find out if the MM had the option to hover if wifi signal is lost.
Think it was once an option on the Spark, but that has been removed in past updates, maybe earlier this year I have found.

If the MM doesn't have that option, then I will probably not take it on.
As with the Spark, the MM will be good to film in tight places, indoors (old buildings / warehouses etc), low in forests under tree canopy, and such.

If the only option is RTH like the Spark now, then obviously the risks of some sort of disconnection are high with it rising into a structure or tree canopy.
we will have to wait and see what the app throws up with RTH options as there are no collision sensors it will probably be just RTH ,or at the most hover in place or RTH

we will have to wait and see what the app throws up with RTH options as there are no collision sensors it will probably be just RTH ,or at the most hover in place or RTH

If like the Spark now, it will just RTH in all circumstances, except it will land automatically if close to home point (can't recall that distance, think between 3m and 20m), but that's dangerous too in a forest for example.

The MM might be different, as you say without any OA, it is risky having RTH, it can be a problem even with OA with fine foliage etc anyway.
Without OA, hover if signal lost would be the most wise choice unless flying from a cliff etc over open land / ocean, then RTH would be ok.

I'm hopeful it will give options to RTH, hover, or land, as per M1P / MPP and probably other higher level DJI Mavic models.

Reactions: old man mavic
i guess we will all find out when we get the MM in our hands

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Flight time might have been a factor in the decision to removing fail safe options on the spark. Still, seems silly to remove an option like that which had existed.

Manual is available today under Downloads/manuals, 2nd to last.
@DanMan32 thanks i have just downloaded and printed all 48 pages to go with my MPP one in the man cave going to give it a read while i wait for the MM to arrive in a few days

Well, should have expected the non complete manual, it's usual from DJI and you just have to go through the menus etc once you connect to aircraft.

Start looking here:

Thanks Thomas, went through the menu on tutorials, but without the MM in hand to directly check, I'm just not prepared to look through them.
I just don't trust DJI will cover what I'm keen to find out in post #4, at least by the topic heading in tutorials.

This is likely something I'll have to wait to find out from someone that goes through it themselves and sees what options there are (if any) for loss of signal / loss of connection.

I have a suspicion it will be no options . . . only RTH, or MM will land immediately if closer than x from home point.
Both are no good in confined areas.

I guess one answer is stay close !!
Very close, like right behind it when flying through forest understory or old buildings etc.

Reactions: Thomas B
i have printed the full 48 page manual out with regards to RTH it does say that a suitable RTH height is set before every flight to make sure that the aircraft does not hit anything on its way back, because it does not have any obstacle avoidance sensors also if it is nearer than 20m from the home point when RTH is triggered then it just lands failsafe RTH activates after controller signal is lost after 11 seconds if video link is lost during flight but the controller is still able to control the aircraft then a prompt to initiate RTH will appear,during RTH the speed ,altitude,and yaw can be controlled if there is still a link to the controller but flight direction cannot be controlled and it also says GEO zones will affect RTH hope this info answers some of your questions

i have printed the full 48 page manual out with regards to RTH it does say that a suitable RTH height is set before every flight to make sure that the aircraft does not hit anything on its way back, because it does not have any obstacle avoidance sensors also if it is nearer than 20m from the home point when RTH is triggered then it just lands failsafe RTH activates after controller signal is lost after 11 seconds if video link is lost during flight but the controller is still able to control the aircraft then a prompt to initiate RTH will appear,during RTH the speed ,altitude,and yaw can be controlled if there is still a link to the controller but flight direction cannot be controlled and it also says GEO zones will affect RTH hope this info answers some of your questions

Yep, carefully went through all that in case it did cover loss of signal behaviour . . .

As you said, if that is all there is to it, the MM only has one option for failsafe RTH (where controller signal is lost), and that is "failsafe RTH activates after controller signal is lost after 11 seconds".

So I guess you have those 11 seconds (or maybe 8 secs after you realise connection is gone) to move closer / get better LOS to the MM and regain signal connection.
Would be far better with its good 25mins + flight time to be able to enable a hover option though, avoid hitting any overhead obstacles when RTH kicks in.

On page 34 states that mobile data needed when using dji fly.Assume this is just on set up As have little data allowance

On page 34 states that mobile data needed when using dji fly.Assume this is just on set up As have little data allowance

Hmm, hadn't looked into that depth on other items like this . . .

It MAY be that data IS needed, as I think the MM is constantly sending information to DJI ?
If so this is going to limit how it can be used in many countries.

Or, you may be able to fly without cellular just not get some features (like on Go4 maps etc).

Needs to be investigated by those getting the MM virtually today or yesterday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom