DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini max distance ( without modifications and boosters) CE version

Sallee

Reactions
So what is your max distance without modification for CE version?
Yesterday i was out in outskirts of a small town, where fields was around me, a was trying to test range and my own booster modification, so i was flying and waiting to loose conection, but i was at 3300 m distance and nothing happend, so i was afraid to go any further although i was at 69% of battery, i turn dron around and RTH, didint tried my modification :)

So what is your max distance without modification for CE version?
Yesterday i was out in outskirts of a small town, where fields was around me, a was trying to test range and my own booster modification, so i was flying and waiting to loose conection, but i was at 3300 m distance and nothing happend, so i was afraid to go any further although i was at 69% of battery, i turn dron around and RTH, didint tried my modification :)
60% battery not a Problem,.....if return home is not into the wind.
Interestead to see how far you can get with your mod.
Have you tried the cheap 2.4 yaggi’ antennas

no i didnt, i made my own parabolic boosters, but didnt tried, will try to at the edge of town and wait for lose of signal so i can try it :)

no i didnt, i made my own parabolic boosters, but didnt tried, will try to at the edge of town and wait for lose of signal so i can try it :)
Yep..override RTH at 69%,and don't panic when you lose signal, or phone app, .....even if phone shuts down.?
Battery set at 60% will start RTH regardless after 10 -20 sec.
Big grass field/park area,away from water trees is handy, if for any reason such as sudden head wind ,it struggled to reach home.
Seen hair raising RTH at 50% on You tube....OMG ?
Seem you get further on P mode,than going full throttle in S mode.

and in meantime I am getting 700m on FCC version. I think I am gonna have to contact Dji about this

My MM is in CE version, in Bulgaria.
1. With Yaggi antenna (Unfortunately, it did not return, the battery ran out 500 meters from home and I had to land by force.
2. Without anything

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-15-15-47-41-868_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-15-15-47-41-868_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_2020-05-10-08-31-28-396_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-10-08-31-28-396_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: Sallee
My MM is in CE version, in Bulgaria.
1. With Yaggi antenna (Unfortunately, it did not return, the battery ran out 500 meters from home and I had to land by force.
2. Without anything
My friend you are 4000m + distance and 40% battery... why such a risk?

Here's the stick in the Mud. LOS??? Why is it so important to push our expensive equipment to the very max? Is it really worth possibly losing something that we highly value and love flying? By no means am I gripping or complaining, I want to know and understand. I almost lost a Phantom once when it just decided to go and go it did. I was lucky it landed in a friendly Farmers Corn Field and he allowed me and my wife to search. After an hour I stumbled on my Bird, literally stumbled on it. I was super lucky. Recently I saw a YouTuber run a Mini 4 miles away, it died on the way back only 20 ft from him. That my friends was a toasted Battery and fantastic luck. I'm still a Hobbist and because of some serious Neurological problems I'm having, my 107 is on the shelf for now. Like I said I'm just asking, I, like everyone like pushing the rules and enjoying what I do but I'm not willing to lose something that does cost real, hard money.

Please talk to me and share, I would love to know and understand. At the moment I only fly when my Wife is with me and she's out spotting for me. I love my Drone Freedom. Everyone have a great weekend.

I posted today that i had a problem at just 400 meters. Open field, no interference-that i am aware of-maybe 100 ft or so high. Went over some trees and lost connection. Antennas vertical and pointed in the direction of the drone. I think thats a very short distance to be losing connection, but no one has seemed shocked yet. Good thing for rth! I know some will think "no interference, what do you think the trees were?", but i didnt drop down after going over the trees at all. Idk, but after hearing people going 10 times that distance I thought I had some setting wrong. Next time I'll try and increase altitude a bit when I get the warning, but then you worry about wind.

Here's the stick in the Mud. LOS??? Why is it so important to push our expensive equipment to the very max? Is it really worth possibly losing something that we highly value and love flying? By no means am I gripping or complaining, I want to know and understand. I almost lost a Phantom once when it just decided to go and go it did. I was lucky it landed in a friendly Farmers Corn Field and he allowed me and my wife to search. After an hour I stumbled on my Bird, literally stumbled on it. I was super lucky. Recently I saw a YouTuber run a Mini 4 miles away, it died on the way back only 20 ft from him. That my friends was a toasted Battery and fantastic luck. I'm still a Hobbist and because of some serious Neurological problems I'm having, my 107 is on the shelf for now. Like I said I'm just asking, I, like everyone like pushing the rules and enjoying what I do but I'm not willing to lose something that does cost real, hard money.

Please talk to me and share, I would love to know and understand. At the moment I only fly when my Wife is with me and she's out spotting for me. I love my Drone Freedom. Everyone have a great weekend.
I dont know the right answer.. maybe is in human nature to push the limits to everything...
I just wanted to try my home made parabolic boosters.. i was expecting that it will loose conection on 2000m max.. but it didnt happend.. so i wonder how far it can go.. especialy becouse u have CE version which is limit 2000m ( acording to DJI)
I was paying attention not to fly near people or its houses, i only fly above one road other was all fields.. and i know its expensive equipment but i supose it is working correctly so RTH will
Kick in when i loose conection..
stay safe and enjoy flying

I posted today that i had a problem at just 400 meters. Open field, no interference-that i am aware of-maybe 100 ft or so high. Went over some trees and lost connection. Antennas vertical and pointed in the direction of the drone. I think thats a very short distance to be losing connection, but no one has seemed shocked yet. Good thing for rth! I know some will think "no interference, what do you think the trees were?", but i didnt drop down after going over the trees at all. Idk, but after hearing people going 10 times that distance I thought I had some setting wrong. Next time I'll try and increase altitude a bit when I get the warning, but then you worry about wind.
yea i am loosing video after 700 m in open field at 80m high. Once I've got 800m. Not happy with its performance and its FCC version too. Is this DJI's bad quality control on manufactured bottom line drones or do we really have to be 100km from any cities to get any more. I know guy nearby that claims he can do 3km any day

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580