DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini ( MM ) Logs, FW update and Radio signal Losts...

Paulo Silva

Reactions
Greatings from Portugal !

On my last flight ( 23/04 ) and after the last update ( V01.00.0500 ), I received a message to repositioning my Antennas, but the bird was really close, analising the data, I can see a lot of losses in the radio signal.

That happened in two different locations , the first one in the left hand side of a bridge and the other on the right hand side... It's a concrete bridge...

Another IMPORTANT and very DISTURBING thing is that in BOTH flights in the .DAT file I can see all the up's and downs of the radio signal but on the .Txt files radio is always 100% even when I received a message to repositioning my antenna on log 063.txt ( weak signal Code: 80016) quite strange that difference between the logs.

PLEASE see how different both logs are related to “radio” signal…

PLEASE use the HD flight player to better see the diferences…

1 - Any idea about that huge lack of radio signal whit the bird flying so close ( even at 1mt away!!! ) ???

2 - In which Log can whe relie on ???

3 - Is this a major issue with this NEW FW UPDATE ???

Yes, I updated Both MM and controller, and I recalibrated it...

Hope to get some answears for this problem...

Thank's in advance

Log TxT 063 :

Log TxT 064 :

Log DAT 063 :

Log DAT 064 :

Have you a .DAT signal analysis pre FW update ?
OK...You can call me names ;)
Got nothing, I've deleted all logs
This is my very first Drone so I'm in a kind of testing everything, and because of that I didn't kept the previous logs...sorry
BUT I never noticed anything that showed me signal problems ...

Tomorrow I'm going to test it in another location and I will post here the results...

With my Mini FCC and full power, on urban area, max 1300mt with very poor signal quality
Very limited range
Only tested with .500 FW
Maybe I can try to downgrade FW and test again

Yesterday I Updated AGAIN both MM + RC + 3 Batteries ( one at the time in the MM, made the "refresh" to all ) with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic, today went to that same spot with the same kind of results ( pointless to post them again ).
Tomorrow I will try to go to the outskirts of Sintra, probably a remote cliff or beach and I'm going to recalibrate everithing again and try to fly, later during the afternoon I will update this thread.
I bought this MM on the day before the Portuguese governement declare the state of emergencie, probably I will SELL it before this confination ends... That's how much I'm disapointed ...

I understand you very well.
I too have a big disappointment for the signal quality of the mini,
but there is one thing that is not clear to me: before the new FW, the distance you could travel,
in the same place where you flew now, was it greater?
Why don't you try to downgrade the FW if you think the problem is cut off with the new update?

I understand you very well.
I too have a big disappointment for the signal quality of the mini,
but there is one thing that is not clear to me: before the new FW, the distance you could travel,
in the same place where you flew now, was it greater?
Why don't you try to downgrade the FW if you think the problem is cut off with the new update?
Honestly I don´t know, it was my first time on that place, need to go to other places to test it more... But to loose signal ONE meter away from the Radio is simply IMPOSSIBLE!
I'm Gonna do that, going to do some extensive tests to see how it goes...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803