DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini mp4 corrupt files

fjc

Reactions
I purchased the mini about two months ago, and finally had to send it back to DJI in California. I live in Ontario Canada. Anyway, ever since I had the mini from day one, a lot of the mp4 video files are corrupt. Usually the very first video on a newly formatted micro sd card is fine, but none are any larger than about 4gigs, the rest of the files are corrupt or at least cannot be read. They are saved as mp4, all of them but most cannot be read. It usually only happens in flight. If I start the video while the props haven't started turning, the video is fine, then I stop the video and restart video, fine again, and so on, but as soon as the bird takes off, the second and subsequet videos are corrupted or cannot be read. Does it have anything to do with the fat 32? So anyway, at DJI they tested it and they weren't able to generate any corrupt mp4 files. I've tried three different micro sd cards, all ones that DJI recommends, my cards are fine, samsung and sandisk, latest greatest 32 gig all three cards contain corrupt vids.. So anyway DJI sent back the mini but I bet they didn't test it in flight because they had me return it to them without the props.. any ideas what it could be or how I can recover or repair the corrupt mp4 files? I also have a Phantom 3Pro ..never any issues with that.Thanks so much. Frank

Hi no need to reply, I found the answer on the forum through a little searching. Turns out you have to shut off the video first before you shut off the mini. I never thought of that since you need not do that with the Phantom. Wish they would make that clear in the user manual.
Thanks for sharing the solution as it might help someone else. I guess the drone and/or controller combo only appropriately closes the file if you stop the video recording.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just chiming in to add that the corrupted files can be salvaged. It's a PITA but it might be worthwhile if the video is valuable. Here's a video that explains the method that I used.

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
Hi no need to reply, I found the answer on the forum through a little searching. Turns out you have to shut off the video first before you shut off the mini. I never thought of that since you need not do that with the Phantom. Wish they would make that clear in the user manual.
If you inadvertently power down w/o stopping the video, try restarting with video and the stop filming. This will save the last video of your flight.

Turns out you have to shut off the video first before you shut off the mini. I never thought of that since you need not do that with the Phantom.
Wish they would make that clear in the user manual.
The Phantom's camera does exactly the same.
Probably all cameras are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000